none
Remote desktop gateway service temporarily unavailable using public IP RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have an issue with RDS. We are currently testing access to applications we host on our servers to customers. We do this by using RDS. I have created an rdp file and deployed it to a test machine. When we connect not using the gateway or bypass for local addresses it works perfectly. When we configure it to use the gateway or do not bypass for local addresses, I recieve an error message "Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable." I have configured the terminal services gateway and used the public IP in the certificate (self signed for now) as name. Is this the problem? If we use the fqdn then it would not work of course, because this is a stand alone server in a datacenter with a direct public IP and not member of a domain? I know that there are several threads about this issue, but none have solved my problem. The Gateway service is running. When I alter the ip address of the rds gateway in the remoteapp manager to a different IP, create a new rdp file and try to connect on the client I receive a different message "The server address is unreachable", meaning that the gateway is reachable when using the correct IP. How can I solve this issue.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 11:41 AM