none
Is there a way to disable tape libray fast inventory jobs during other tape operations RRS feed

• Question

• This is a minor nuisance - I am asking since I have tape libraries which will eventually run several days to keep up with monthly tape backups and raise the error every day since fast inventory cant be performed while a tape backup is in progress. I figure a registry key could be queried to look at a "tapelibraryfastinventory" 0 always run 1 only run when tape library is not busy or a way to skip fast inventory i.e. for the first 2 days in the month - since rescheduling doesn't help since the libraries run 24/7 during the monthly backup cycle.

Best regards

Sassan Karai

Sassan Karai

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 11:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Sassan,

The below dpm powershell command stops the running of the automatic inventory.

Set-MaintenanceJobStartTime -DPMServerName (&hostname) -MaintenanceJob LibraryInventory -Remove

To re-schedule it to run again run:

set-MaintenanceJobStartTime -dpmservername (&hostname) libraryinventory -starttime 06:00pm

To see current schedule run:

Get-MaintenanceJobStartTime -dpmservername (&hostname) libraryinventory

Regards
    Mike Jacquet

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, December 16, 2019 10:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Sassan,

The below dpm powershell command stops the running of the automatic inventory.

Set-MaintenanceJobStartTime -DPMServerName (&hostname) -MaintenanceJob LibraryInventory -Remove

To re-schedule it to run again run:

set-MaintenanceJobStartTime -dpmservername (&hostname) libraryinventory -starttime 06:00pm

To see current schedule run:

Get-MaintenanceJobStartTime -dpmservername (&hostname) libraryinventory

Regards
    Mike Jacquet

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, December 16, 2019 10:15 PM
  • Thank you Mike - as always :)

Sassan Karai

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 12:50 PM