none
Microsoft Project 2016 - Unable to Export or Save to PDF or XPS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Microsoft Project 2016 install that will not let you save or export to PDF or XPS. The version is 16.0.11328.20368. 

Here is what I have tried so far:

- Ran Offline Office Repair

- Ran Online Office Repair

- Ran sfc /scannow - no issues

- Ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

This does not appear to be happening with Microsoft Word or Excel, both of which can save as a PDF. This seems to be happening for every user on the computer as well. Print to PDF also works fine, but is only a workaround not a solution. There were no updates available to Project 2016. Currently I'm trying updating Windows 10 to version 1903. Any other suggestions / help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 8:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Daniel,

I am not sure why this issue would occur, but printing to PDF offers the same functionality as Export to PDF and so I'm not sure why this is only a workaround for you and not a soln.   

Do you get any error messages or is the button just greyed out?

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Thursday, August 8, 2019 6:31 AM
  • Hello,

I have a Microsoft Project 2016 install that will not let you save or export to PDF or XPS. The version is 16.0.11328.20368. 

Here is what I have tried so far:

- Ran Offline Office Repair

- Ran Online Office Repair

- Ran sfc /scannow - no issues

- Ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

This does not appear to be happening with Microsoft Word or Excel, both of which can save as a PDF. This seems to be happening for every user on the computer as well. Print to PDF also works fine, but is only a workaround not a solution. There were no updates available to Project 2016. Currently I'm trying updating Windows 10 to version 1903. Any other suggestions / help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Daniel

I have exactly the same issue.

Word will save as a PDF

Computer is running W10 pro 1903

There are no errors showing when we save, it goes through the motions but just does not produce the PDF.

Print to PDF does work and while this is OK if you want to do the entire project you cant select a date range like you can with save as.

I suspect it is a windows update causing the issue.

Any help appreciated

regards

John from New Zealand

Thursday, August 22, 2019 4:01 AM
  • One of our users is having this issue as well and her PC is fully updated w/ 1903 + all available updates.  Office is also updated.
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:07 PM