none
Adobe Flash Player information RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Santhosh,

Thank you for posting here.
    If your purpose is to disable the Flash function embedded in IE in Windows Server 2012 R2, as far as I know, after meeting your business needs, you need to disable the desktop experience to disable related features. You can run in elevated PowerShell:

uninstall-windowsfeature desktop-experience

Then the next question, you mentioned that the Flash service package still exists in the system. As far as I know, disabling the features does not delete these service packages, they are kept in order to exist when the feature needs to be added again. So my understanding is that for the update, after disabling the desktop experience function, theoretically there will be no flash related updates, but for this, this is not the direction I am good at, so I need further testing.

If anything is found, I will respond promptly.
    At the same time you can also consider the Windows Server forum for more professional advice.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Santhosh BS Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:40 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 4:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Santhosh,

Thank you for posting here.
    If your purpose is to disable the Flash function embedded in IE in Windows Server 2012 R2, as far as I know, after meeting your business needs, you need to disable the desktop experience to disable related features. You can run in elevated PowerShell:

uninstall-windowsfeature desktop-experience

Then the next question, you mentioned that the Flash service package still exists in the system. As far as I know, disabling the features does not delete these service packages, they are kept in order to exist when the feature needs to be added again. So my understanding is that for the update, after disabling the desktop experience function, theoretically there will be no flash related updates, but for this, this is not the direction I am good at, so I need further testing.

If anything is found, I will respond promptly.
    At the same time you can also consider the Windows Server forum for more professional advice.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Santhosh BS Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:40 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 4:55 AM
  • Thanks Yic.

Regards, Santhosh B S

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:40 AM