none
Can't find the Chart web part to use in SharePoint 2010 Standalone installed on Windows 2008 server R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm new to SharePoint. Now need you kind men's help. :)

SharePoint 2010 Standalone installed on Windows 2008 server R2, selected Blank template.
    Now I cannot find group calendar web part and chart web part to add to home page. The group calendar is missing from List and Libraries category, and the category Miscellaneous where the Chart web part lays in cannot be found. I tried many items and haven't figured it out.

Anyone know how to make them available?
    Thanks~
    Friday, December 11, 2009 6:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Having same problem did you figure it out?
    Friday, December 11, 2009 7:15 PM
  • Nope, but I found something.

The available web parts are different when you select different templates for your site.
    For example, if you select blank template, the general calendar web part becomes available while the group calendar web part becomes unavailable. And if you select work group template, it's the opposite, and the chart web part may appear this time. I said "may" 'cause sometime the chart web part appears sometime it doesn't. And when it doesn't the delete site -> use configuration wizard to regenerate default site -> select group work template way wouldn't work as well.

I had doubted it's related to the features the site enabled. Though I had confirmed the features is different when you select different templates, I don't have any chance to make one the same as another 'cause the available features are just different for different templates. You just can't find the one you may need to active.

I've turned over the web and just found some similar-but-not solutions. Even though, I tried but generally just couldn't find the mentioned options 'cause all of them are about the old versions of sharepoint. No luck. :(

I had rebuilt my host system and deployed the sharepoint 2010 beta environment in hyper-v to use the advantage of snapshot. Then the bad luck should be afraid of me, I hope. :)
    Meanwhile I'm trying to deploy a sharepoint 2007 environment to see if the problems above is just because of the "beta" word.
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 9:02 AM
  • Are you using SharePoint Foundation 2010 Beta or SharePoint Server 2010 Beta?

The Chart Web Part is included with SharePoint Server and not with SharePoint Foundation.
    Monday, December 14, 2009 6:06 PM
  • I am using en_sharepoint_server_2010_beta_x64_x16-19249.exe
    Monday, December 14, 2009 8:30 PM
  • I don't know. I just installed it from a folder which has a file called "setup.exe". The folder name has nothing indicating the version information.
    And this installation sometime has the Chart web part sometime not, depending on which template you choose for the site. It's strange.

Any way to judge the version of my installation?
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 9:25 AM
  • I figured out how to add it.  Go to this page http://<yourserver>/layouts/NewDwp.aspx then you can add it.  There are also a lot more.  I couldn't figure out how to get to this page through the UI.

• Marked as answer by hulking.ye Wednesday, December 16, 2009 12:08 PM
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 1:18 PM
  • Yes, it works!
    Thanks! :)
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 12:08 PM
  • You need open root site of site collection.

Site settings -> Web parts -> in the Ribbon select "New Document" -> Select "Microsoft.Office.Server.WebControls.ChartWebPart" and press button "Populate Galery".

And now you can add ChartWebPart to your page.

You can found ChartWebPart in "Miscellaneous" Category.

• Proposed as answer by DJ van Wyk Wednesday, August 7, 2013 6:15 AM
    • Edited by Lion-Smith Wednesday, August 28, 2013 11:39 AM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:52 AM
  • You need to go to root site follow the above steps which smith has mentioned or 

just go to application page path that means go to http://<server name>/_layouts/NewDwp.aspx page where  select Microsoft.Office.Server.WebControls.ChartWeart  and click on Papulate Galery.

Monday, October 8, 2012 8:58 AM
  • Perfect!  Easy and the correct way of adding this and other web parts.

Thank you so much, you saved me a lot of time that I would of wasted searching.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:54 PM
  • Perfect answer. Thank you.
    Wednesday, August 7, 2013 6:16 AM
  • got it working thanks to you, it was the answer to me! :DDDD

thank you very much!

• Edited by abs_br Friday, October 25, 2013 12:45 PM
    Friday, October 25, 2013 12:45 PM
  • I have the option to view the webparts as per these instructions.but I get an error while adding the webpart. ANy pointers?
    Sunday, May 15, 2016 12:19 PM