none
Upgrade from SQL Server 2012 to 2017 - What are the deprecated functions ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We would like to go from SQL Server version 2012 to 2017, but need to know , how big the impact is.

Like the applications build with Visual Studio...which code will fail.

So, I need a nice document that simply shows which objects will be lost or are changed.

Is there such a document ? Or can I make one myself ?

Greetings,

Rob 

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 2:46 PM

All replies

• See SQL Server Database Engine Backward Compatibility for all deprecated/breaking changes

You can also use the tool DMA to validate your database: Microsoft® Data Migration Assistant v5.0. But the Tools can't check your application code, of course; here you have to test.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 2:53 PM
  • Thanks Olaf,

I read about this tool and emailed the link to our DBA guys.

I also made an Excel with all the deprecated functions from 2012 till 2017, but that came a very unclear and complexed sheet.

Maybe more people have some other good idea's!

regards

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 3:03 PM
  • Hi RobDaWild,

Your problem is too wide and there is no such suitable document.I hope someone with similar experience can help.

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:31 AM