SSRS SharePoint Integrated mode RRS feed

Answers

• Yes, you can integrate SSRS 2012 SP1 with Foundation 2013, however your Database Engine will need to be Standard or Enterprise editions and not the Express edition included with Foundation.

SharePoint - Nauplius Applications
    Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP
    MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Rumi's Point Wednesday, April 6, 2016 2:25 PM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:58 PM

All replies

• No it is not available in foundation 2013, you need to use either standard or enterprise versions for the same
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:51 AM
  • Yes, you can integrate SSRS 2012 SP1 with Foundation 2013, however your Database Engine will need to be Standard or Enterprise editions and not the Express edition included with Foundation.

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Rumi's Point Wednesday, April 6, 2016 2:25 PM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:58 PM
  • Trevor,

Thank you!  Although this is great news, can you please share your source of information indicating it is supported?  This would be a huge disappointment if this functionality is removed from Foundation 2013.  Please take a look at the screenshot as I don't understand what Microsoft means by "NO".

Thanks again,

Rumi

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:04 PM
  • I just set this up and it functions just fine.  It does *not* work with Foundation if you take it from the point of view that you're using SQL Express.

-----------------------

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:09 PM
  • Ok.  That's good new.  We would be using SSRS 2012 SP1 Standard.

Rumi

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:22 PM
  • As I understood it you couldn't integrate SSRS with SharePoint 2013 Foundation or Standard either.  You would be possibly be able to set it up, but if you Enable-SPUserLicenseManagement thus disabling all the Enterprise features then wouldn't all the components for SSRS be unavailable?

Thanks.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 4:18 PM
  • When looking at the Enterprise license:

dictionary.Add("Enterprise", new UserLicenseInfo(EnterpriseId, true, AddDefaultEnterpriseWebPartIds(new string[] { "AccessServices", "BCS", "Duet", "HostBIEnabled", "IPFS", "PPS", "EntSearch", "VisioServices", "MySites", "EntSiteTemplate" })));
        dictionary.Add("Standard", new UserLicenseInfo(StandardId, true, new string[] { "MySites" }));

The only thing that I can think of would be that it falls under "HostBIEnabled", but that only equates to Excel Services.  I have a feeling that the built-in licensing for SharePoint doesn't cover products like SSRS.

-----------------------

Thursday, May 23, 2013 4:30 PM
  • So, what are you saying Trevor?  Can we or can't we run SSRS (SQL 2012 Standard or Enterprise- NOT express) in SharePoint integrated mode on Foundation 2013?

Rumi

Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:03 PM
  • I'm running it on Foundation.

-----------------------

Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:08 PM
  • Yes, it's totally depends of your SQL Server version.

Supported with SQL Entreprise and SQL Standard.

Unsupported with SQL Express. 

Anthony Picot

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:32 PM
  • As Trevor had indicated, SSRS can be integrated with SharePoint Foundation 2013.  I have successfully tested and implemented this.

Rumi

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 2:26 PM