none
"Manage content and structure" is missing

Question

• I've followed these instructions to the letter, and the structure and content explorer is no where to be found.  There is no "Manage Content and Structure" option under Site Actions, and there is no "Modify All Site Settings" under Site Settings.  Thanks for your help with a new user question.

Go to the Site Content and Structure page

You can go to the Site Content and Structure page through the Site Actions menu. If you are at the top level of your site, you will see the menu item listed on the Site Actions menu. If you are in a subsite, you can navigate to the Site Settings page and then navigate to the Site Content and Structure page.

Note    The other procedures in this topic assume that you know how to go to the Site Content and Structure page by using the following procedure.

1. Click Site Actions, and then click Mange Content and Structure.

2. If Manage Content and Structure is not listed, perform the following steps:

1. Point to Site Settings, click Modify All Site Settings, and then under Site Collection Administration, click Go to top level site settings.

2. Under Site Administration, click Content and Structure.

3. The Site Content and Structure page is displayed.

4. To return to the Site Settings page, on the list toolbar, click Settings, and then click Site Settings.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 10:10 PM

Answers

•  

Firstly, you need to have SharePoint Server, not just WSS.

then

You need to have the following features activated.

Site collection features - Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure

Site Feature (on the specific site) - Office SharePoint Server Publishing

hope that helps

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 10:52 AM

All replies

•  

Firstly, you need to have SharePoint Server, not just WSS.

then

You need to have the following features activated.

Site collection features - Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure

Site Feature (on the specific site) - Office SharePoint Server Publishing

hope that helps

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 10:52 AM
  • We have created a demo site with SharePoint 2010 Foundation, I presume that Site Content and Structure is missing there because we do not have the publishing infrastructure?
    joan thomas
    Thursday, December 08, 2011 2:43 PM
  • _layouts/sitemanager.aspx?Source=%2FSitePages%2FHome%2Easpx

I tried to put this into the site on SharePoint Foundation 2010 and I could not find it.  I did find it though on SharePoint Enterprise Edition 2010.

Trying to be helpful and share the knowledge!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:54 PM
  • Thanks for this! I had this issue and activating the features made all the options available.
    Friday, September 21, 2012 6:51 PM
  • Thanks!!! Very Helpful, even 5 years later lol
    Thursday, August 08, 2013 11:36 PM