none
Remove getting started from home page

Question

• I have created a sharepoint site collection in 2010 , but the home page shows Getting started and few links lik site theme etc, i want to hide this menu, how can i do this
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:57 AM

Answers

• The Getting started section referred by Phani is just plain html. So yes edit the page (click the edit button to the left of Browse, locate the whole block of text and delete it.
    To re-gain the space, locate the Text Layout (on format text ribbon) and select one column.
    AK
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:21 AM
  • Hi

On the ribbon you will find a button called Edit page. Click on it and remove the content which you do not want on the home page.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:07 AM
  • These are simply web parts on the page.

You can simply edit the page and either remove the web parts, or set the web parts to hidden in the properties.

Editing the page: Site Actions > Edit Page (Assuming you have the right permissions)

Hiding a Web Part:

• In Edit Page Mode
    • Under the context menu of the web part (Top Right Corner)
    • Select "Edit Web Part"
    • A panel appears on the right side of the page, expand the "Layouts" section and check the hidden box

If content is written on the page in a "Rich Text Area", you can simply edit this to your requirements.

I hope that helps.

Kind Regards

Giles

Giles Hamson MCTS, MCITP SharePoint 2010 | Blog: http://ghamson.wordpress.com | Twitter: @ghamson

All replies

• Hi

On the ribbon you will find a button called Edit page. Click on it and remove the content which you do not want on the home page.

• These are simply web parts on the page.

You can simply edit the page and either remove the web parts, or set the web parts to hidden in the properties.

Editing the page: Site Actions > Edit Page (Assuming you have the right permissions)

Hiding a Web Part:

• In Edit Page Mode
    • Under the context menu of the web part (Top Right Corner)
    • Select "Edit Web Part"
    • A panel appears on the right side of the page, expand the "Layouts" section and check the hidden box

If content is written on the page in a "Rich Text Area", you can simply edit this to your requirements.

I hope that helps.

Kind Regards

Giles

Giles Hamson MCTS, MCITP SharePoint 2010 | Blog: http://ghamson.wordpress.com | Twitter: @ghamson
  • The Getting started section referred by Phani is just plain html. So yes edit the page (click the edit button to the left of Browse, locate the whole block of text and delete it.
    To re-gain the space, locate the Text Layout (on format text ribbon) and select one column.
    AK
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:21 AM
  • I also want to remove this, but I want it removed from all sites by default. 

We have a high-volume team site hosting environment where we do not allow things like changing themes.  This text is simply in the way on the home page.

Is there an easy solution for this, or has Microsoft found another way to make simple things hard???

Thanks,

Arthur

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 4:31 PM
  • Hi,

I am also having the same requirement.

Any solution found?

Aruna

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 6:57 AM