none
Transfer Database Task RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Team,

Could you please help me why i am getting the below error while copying the database using Transfer Database Task.

Error: 0xC0024104 at Transfer Database Task: The Execute method on the task returned error code 0x80131500 (Detach database failed for Server 'DESKTOP-LJRL37D\MSSQLSERVER01'. ). The Execute method must succeed, and indicate the result using an "out" parameter.
    Task failed: Transfer Database Task

Please find the below screenshot from the configuration.

Friday, December 6, 2019 9:10 AM

All replies

• Detach database failed
    Detaching a database can fail if it is still accessed & so in use by other users/process; you have to ensure that the database is not in use.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, December 6, 2019 9:14 AM
  • Hi,

Please refer to the following links:

Transfer Database Task

Transfer Database Task and Transfer SQL Server Objects Task in SSIS

Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, December 6, 2019 10:00 AM
  • Hi,

May I know if you have anything to update?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. 

This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, December 16, 2019 8:09 AM