none
DPM 2016 UR5 on Server 2016 - Number of files skipped for synchronization due to errors has exceeded the maximum allowed limit of 100 files on this data source (ID 32538 Details: Internal error code: 0x809909FE) RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Alig69!

1. Yes the registry is the same in Windows Server 2016 & newer DPM versions (2016, 1801, 1807).

2.  I do believe that you need to do this registry fix on all servers/nodes, you can create it on one and then export the registry fix.

3. I also tested this in my lab and came to the same problems. I then downloaded PsExec and did the following:

• Ran PSEXEC -s cmd.exe in an Command Prompt(Admin) (this will switch window to system context)
    • Ran the mountvol command: mountvol z: \\?\Volume{87beb6ef-2124-442c-9321-343c6b5be2c4}\
    • Ran cd z: and then I could get inside the volume, there I recommend you to copy the failedfilelog.txt to another location and open it from there.

I also noticed that my replica volume that I used mountvol on above disappeared from C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center\DPM\DPM\Volumes\Replica when no DPM jobs were running, so I started a job on purpose and then the volume appeared again in C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center\DPM\DPM\Volumes\Replica

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

• Marked as answer by alig69 Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:10 PM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 1:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Alig69!

1. Yes the registry is the same in Windows Server 2016 & newer DPM versions (2016, 1801, 1807).

2.  I do believe that you need to do this registry fix on all servers/nodes, you can create it on one and then export the registry fix.

3. I also tested this in my lab and came to the same problems. I then downloaded PsExec and did the following:

• Ran PSEXEC -s cmd.exe in an Command Prompt(Admin) (this will switch window to system context)
    • Ran the mountvol command: mountvol z: \\?\Volume{87beb6ef-2124-442c-9321-343c6b5be2c4}\
    • Ran cd z: and then I could get inside the volume, there I recommend you to copy the failedfilelog.txt to another location and open it from there.

I also noticed that my replica volume that I used mountvol on above disappeared from C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center\DPM\DPM\Volumes\Replica when no DPM jobs were running, so I started a job on purpose and then the volume appeared again in C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center\DPM\DPM\Volumes\Replica

Best regards,
    Leon

• Marked as answer by alig69 Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:10 PM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 1:28 PM
  • Thanks Leon, that answers all my questions going forward and also let me get into FailedFilesLog.txt. Now that I see the bit about PSEXEC I remember having to do that before, but not having to run the sync again

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:15 PM
  • Glad to help, have a nice day!

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:17 PM