none
How to remove an orphaned DPM agent from the DPM console RRS feed

• General discussion

• I had some file shares protected by DPM 2007 SP1.  The file server crashed and I had to build a replacement server for it with a different hostname.  The agent still showed up in the DPM console, however, because it was never able to be uninstalled.  My question is, how do I remove that "orphaned" agent from the Agent Management tab in the DPM console?  I have already recovered the data and removed the protection group, so all I care about is removing the agent from the UI.  A screenshot of what I am talking about can be found below:

http://d-tech.homeip.net/screenshot.jpg
    • Changed type Christine Fok Friday, June 12, 2009 7:59 PM off topic
    Monday, June 1, 2009 8:37 PM

All replies

• Have you found a solution to this. I have a similar situation.

Friday, June 12, 2009 4:03 PM
  • No solution yet (other than reinstalling and starting over)
    Friday, June 12, 2009 4:28 PM
  • Hi dkammeyer,

This forum is focused on Windows client and server backup and probably not right place for this question. There's a seperate newsgroup dedicated for DPM which might be a better place for it.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.dataprotectionmanager

Regards,
    Christine

Christine Fok, Program Manager, Storage Solution Division This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Friday, June 12, 2009 8:00 PM
  • To be able to remove the entry, you build a new server or a virtual machine using the same host name as the origianl one that crashed, one added to AD you should be able to open the DPM console select the DPM Agent then right click and seletc uninstall after walkign through the steps the uninstall will fail as the agent is not on the rebuild server. clikc on the server again and this time you shoudl have an option in the details area which allows you to remove the server from the list.

Thursday, July 9, 2009 8:35 AM