none
Repeatedly failed to install Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 Ultimate for x86-based Systems RRS feed

• Question

• For over a year occasionally, the Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x86-based Systems and Security and Quality Rollup for NET Framework fails to installs and sends my computer into a restart loop until I start in safe and hide the update.

All other updates install ok.

The latest to fail is KB4507449, KB4507420, KB4507449, and KB4474419.

In command prompt I have ran SFC/ scannow and Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I have reset Windows Update components and all seems ok.

I have tried to manually install the updates from Microsoft update catalog with no luck.

Anybody know how to fix this?

Saturday, July 13, 2019 6:28 PM

All replies

• Sfc /Scannow runs thru cmd,ok,but to repair/fix any files-folders one must type: CHKDSK C: /F agree to restart,type: EXIT restart pc,the repair(s) can only take place in MS-DOS....As far as failed installations,

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=4507420

The above link gets you the download of each thru search.

However 1st doenload & run kb890830  from catalog,once thru,in run type: appwiz.cpl  in add/remove,open Windows components/services/chk the box for:  .NET  edit others,indexing is good,exit when thru,restart pc..

In desktop,download from the link  .NET

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework

v4.8  .NET  next,control-panel/defender/HELP tap/chk for updates/run defender.. After all download & install:  windowsupdateagent-7.6-x86  get this from Microsoft..

Saturday, July 13, 2019 7:48 PM
  • Hi,

Do you receive any error messages when trying to install updates?

From my search, uninstall KB4493472 seems to work.

Please try to remove update manually and see whether the issue remains.

1.Click on the Start button and in the search box, type Command Prompt.

2.When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.

3.When command prompt opens, copy and paste the following command into it, then press enter.

4.wusa /uninstall /KB:4493472

Hope these can help you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 15, 2019 5:54 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:34 AM
  • Opened command prompt and ran as administrator.  I received the following message:

"The update KB4493472 is not installed on this computer."

Monday, July 29, 2019 12:49 AM
  • Sorry Farena, the issue remains.
    Monday, July 29, 2019 12:51 AM
  • Seems when I reset the Windows Update components, it forgot all the hidden updated that failed to install.  Now it is trying to install all the previously hidden updates and I'm on a nightly restart loop.

Here is the latest:

Monday, July 29, 2019 12:58 AM
  • @ Andrew E, your reply was a little cryptic, but I think I was able to decipher it:

1.   In command prompt as administrator I ran "CHKDSK C:" and typed yes.  Then I restarted and all the disks checked out fine.

2. Then I downloaded Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - July 2019 (KB890830) from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB890830 and ran it.  Everything checked out fine as well.

3.  Next in command prompt as administrator I ran "appwiz.cpl" and it opened Uninstall or Change a Program and I searched for .NET.  I uninstalled Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 and restarted.

4.  I downloaded .NET Framework 4.8 from https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework and installed it.  Then I restarted my computer.

5.  Then I downloaded windowsupdateagent-7.6-x86 from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/949104/how-to-update-the-windows-update-agent-to-the-latest-version and stopped it, then restarted it (per the instructions).  Then i restarted my computer.

I believe those were all your suggestions.  Then I tried to install the latest update KB4467107 and it failed and sent my computer into the reboot loop again.

Monday, July 29, 2019 3:24 AM
  • Hi,

If none of the previous steps resolve the issue, repair upgrade might be a helpful solution.

Best Regards,

Farena

Friday, August 2, 2019 9:08 AM