none
DAX help with Nesting RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I need to create 4 new dax measures and they should be dynamic.Let me explain in detail what i need here
    I am trying write a nested dax measures .We have different accounts and salespersonids.I need to count number of acccounts for each salespersonid .
    Example salespersonid 1 has 3 accounts and salesperson 2 has 4 accounts  .

Please refer to output1

Totalcount measure should show 4 for sales person 2 and 3 for sales person 1.Next measures 
    NoOcAccounts_1 NoOcAccounts_2 NoOcAccounts_3 NoOcAccounts_4 are tricky here .
    As Sales personid has 3 accounts NoOcAccounts_3 should show me 1 under this measure

If i create a different report (Output2) NoOcAccounts_ measures should show values as per output2 (Please refer to output2)
    Example Accountid 1 has one salespersonid in NoOcAccounts_3
    measure created should count distinct salespersonids (Accountid has one sales personid in no of account_3 and 2 salespersons in noofaccounts_4 it should show 1 and 2 in respective measure)
    This no of measures should be dynamic(thats what i am trying to get to) .Meaning when browsed by salespersonid it should show 1s but when going to account level it should count salespersonid

Thursday, May 21, 2020 6:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What exact issue are you getting? 

Some of the data in the sample , I cann't match them with your description. Could you double check?

--Meaning when browsed by salespersonid it should show 1s but when going to account level it should count salespersonid

what is showing "1s"? How would this be achieved, i am not sure if there is this "dynamic" measure...

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 22, 2020 5:22 AM