Message from Webpage (error) There was an error in the browser while setting........ RRS feed

• Question

• I have a very strange error message when using a content type that includes "Link to Source".  All of the fields work fine except when I use Link to Source and browse for a file. When I click okay after choosing a file (any file) I get this error:

"Message from Webpage (error) There was an error in the browser while setting properties into the page HTML, possibly due to invalid URLs or other values. Please try again or use different property values."

I am unable to figure out why this is happening. Has anyone else seen this?

Thank you in advance for any help.

jlgjohnson

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:32 PM

Answers

• After a couple of days on the phone with Microsoft Support, I have a WORKAROUND solution. I am actually not sure what else this effects but it did fix the issue. This is per Microsoft.

----------------

Issue : Getting error message while saving list in which "Publishing hyperlink column" is selected.

Above mention issue is known issue with no fix yet. So to fix this issue we have followed the workaround as :

Open file “AssetPickers.js”  from location : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\1033

-          comment out the line: //callbackThis.VerifyAnchorElement(HtmlElement, Config);

-          Perform IIS Reset.

----------------------After the iis reset, the publishing hyperlink column works again. ~Jamie

Af

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 1:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Jamie,

I wonder what  the ‘Link to Source’ is, is it the content type ‘Link to a document’?

Whether this issue occurred on all computers.

Please test it on other computers or with other browsers(e.g. Chrome, Firefox), compare the result.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Wendy

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:58 AM
  • Hi Wendy, yes, it happens with all browsers on all computers and it is a column that links to another document. Another note, it happened after my upgrade to SP2 (14.0.7106.5002), last Saturday. It also happened on both my dev server and production server, so it is consistent. Today, I am going to upgrade to Oct. 8, build - 14.0.7110.5000  on my dev server and see if that fixes the issue. Hoping. I will post the results.

jlgjohnson

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 11:45 AM
  • Hello,

i have the same problem as descriped on top. is there any solution for this problem? i have installed the cu oct 2013 but nothing changes...

Please help :-)

Thanks

Peter

Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:37 PM
  • Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response. At least I know that it isn't just me. I can find nothing on the web. I did update my dev server yesterday to the October 2013 CU and also found that it didn't fix the issue.

I am going to place a serivce call to microsoft today to see if they can fix the issue. I will post my results from the call.

Jamie

Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:19 PM
  • After a couple of days on the phone with Microsoft Support, I have a WORKAROUND solution. I am actually not sure what else this effects but it did fix the issue. This is per Microsoft.

----------------

Issue : Getting error message while saving list in which "Publishing hyperlink column" is selected.

Above mention issue is known issue with no fix yet. So to fix this issue we have followed the workaround as :

Open file “AssetPickers.js”  from location : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\1033

-          comment out the line: //callbackThis.VerifyAnchorElement(HtmlElement, Config);

-          Perform IIS Reset.

----------------------After the iis reset, the publishing hyperlink column works again. ~Jamie

Af

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 1:52 PM