none
DPM Reports hang when generated from within the DPM console until 'stopped' and the icons in the top menu bar do not display.

Question

• Hi,

I am in the process of setting up DPM 2016 on Windows 2016, with a SQL 2016 database.  It is running fine now, however I am having issues with running reports from within the DPM console.  When I go into the Reports section of DPM and click on a report, it starts to generate and the blue ribbon on the top of the web page appears, however the page appears to trying to load but there is nothing below the ribbon.  After waiting and nothing happening, I press ESC button or stop the web page, and then a 'Loading' icon appears followed shortly afterwards by the report, which then appears correctly (aside from missing Icons in the blue menu ribbon at the top).

This other issue with the icons not appearing in the blue menu ribbon (the next page, last page etc.. buttons) is also stumping me.  I thought initially it may be to do with permissions or IE settings, however I still can't seem to resolve it.  Reporting Services are running under a domain user account which was specifically created for the task along with a separate domain user account for the SQL Server services and another created for the SQL Agent.  These were specified when installing SQL.

If I run a report from outside of DPM (typing http://<servername>/reports in the browser and navigating to the required report) there are no problems (obviously, the blue ribbon is not used this way, so there is no icon issue).

I have tried changing various permissions within report configuration manager and have also added the URL into Local Intranet and Trusted Sites in IE, however this makes no difference.  I have also tried various different settings from the advanced options within IE (version IE11).

Has anyone else encountered this before or have any ideas as to what other steps to take which may resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Thursday, February 7, 2019 10:52 AM

Answers

All replies