none
Cant migrate passwords from old domain name to a new domain RRS feed

• Question

• This is the error that i receive when i try to use password export service;

"verify that the logged in user is a member of the administrators group in the source domain and the password export server service account can change passwords of the user accounts in the target domain"

When I got in the source domain under builtin administrators group and I try to add the administrators from th target; If i select location as the target domain the users seen are not from the target domain rather source domain.

I canNOT seem to add the user admin of the target domain into the source domain admins group.

MCP

• Edited by BrainTree Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:17 PM spelling mistake
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:15 PM

All replies

• Hello,
    Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

1. >>"verify that the logged in user is a member of the administrators group in the source domain and the password export server service account can change passwords of the user accounts in the target domain"

Please try to use source domain admin account on PSE installed Server and make sure PSE service account can change passwords of users in target domain.

2. >>I canNOT seem to add the user admin of the target domain into the source domain admins group.
    Would you mind clarify how you add the account to source domain admins group? Is there any error information?

Please check Group Scops information in following article, try to add target admin account to Global group, then add the security group to source admins group.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 10:20 AM
  • I cant add an admin user of a target group in the source domain. When I select the location as target domain the

users populated dnt show any from the target group save from source domain.

This makes it hard for me to add the a user from target domain to the source domain. But one thing I saw is that the target domain trusts the source domain but the source domain dosenot trust the target domain. it shows this error===>when validate on the soure domain i get this error.

The secure channel (SC) verification on Active Directory Domain Controller \\pc1.sourcedomain.com of domain source domain.com to domain domain.com failed with error: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

target domain trusts source domain very well.

MCP

Thursday, July 18, 2019 10:58 AM
  • there is no replication between the source domain and the target domain.

MCP

Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:24 AM
  • I have custom form where using people picket to enter user. so i want to restrict / limit people picker to enter or accept only one person.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:40 AM
  • there is no replication between the source domain and the target domain.

MCP

Hi,
    Make sure all the required are opened in both sides.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 19, 2019 10:47 AM
  • Hi,
    If this question has any update or is this issue solved? Also, for the question, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Monday, July 22, 2019 11:05 AM
  • The migration failed so i decided to do it manually

MCP

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 10:52 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for let me know the current progress, If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Friday, July 26, 2019 6:09 AM