none
SkyDrive Pro folder Sync issue RRS feed

• Question

• I had a number of SharePoint folders sync'd using SkyDrive Pro. The sites have been deleted and now SkyDrive Pro throws the following error every time it starts up:

"SkyDrive Pro can no longer find: list of folders"

I am unable to stop the folders from syncing

If I click on 'stop syncing a folder' I get the usual warning message but the folders remain in the list. The list of folders is still retained if I uninstall/reinstall SkyDrive Pro so there must be a config file or registry entry that is not associated with the uninstall.

Any ideas as to how I can remove these folders from the list?

Monday, February 11, 2013 5:15 PM

Answers

• Thank you. Although it didn't fix the issue I was having, you pointed me in the right direction.

The 'SPW' folder appears to hold the details of any folders you are trying to sync from SharePoint.

I uninstalled SkyDrive Pro, renamed the SPW folder in %userprofile% \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ and then re-installed SkyDrive Pro.

• Marked as answer by owenmj Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:10 PM
    Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:10 PM

All replies

• You can rename the officefilecache folder if unexpected problems occurs with the OfficeFileCache folder:

Warning! All changes to cache files that are pending upload to a web server will be lost if you manually rename the cache.

Follow these steps to manually rename your file:

1. Close all Office programs.
    2. Click the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager.
    3. On the Processes tab, select MSOSYNC.EXE, click End Process, and then close the Task Manager.
    4. Navigate to %userprofile% \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\.
    5. Rename or Delete the OfficeFileCache folder.

You can also manage the Office Document Cache by customizing the settings in the Microsoft Office Upload Center.

• For users who prefer to work directly with the server, or who are concerned about their privacy, selecting Delete files from the Office Document Cache when they are closed will automatically delete documents from the cache when they are closed.

Important   If you have Delete files from the Office Document Cache when they are closed setting selected and you close a file before the upload has finished, you will have the option to wait for the upload to finish, save the file to another location or close without saving any changes. You may also get an error message informing you that the upload could not be completed.

• You can clear the Office Document Cache at any time by clicking Delete cached files.

Note    Clearing the Office Document Cache by clicking Delete cached files or enabling Delete files from the Office Document cache when they are closed will delete the document content from the cache, but a listing of files that have been opened is kept in the cache and stored on your computer

For details, you can refer to this article:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/office-document-cache-settings-HA010388664.aspx

Reference:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/nl-NL/sharepoint2010general/thread/2b2cfd9b-8271-4bf7-9fde-807ecac37197

blog: http://www.tomvangaever.be

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:25 AM
  • Thank you. Although it didn't fix the issue I was having, you pointed me in the right direction.

The 'SPW' folder appears to hold the details of any folders you are trying to sync from SharePoint.

I uninstalled SkyDrive Pro, renamed the SPW folder in %userprofile% \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ and then re-installed SkyDrive Pro.

• Marked as answer by owenmj Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:10 PM
    Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:10 PM