Unable to install KB2919355 on Windows Server 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to upgrade to .NET 4.7 framework on my Windows Server 2012 R2. However, it's keeping to fail due to "The update corresponding to KB2919355. Needs to be installed before you can install this product on Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2."

I've been using both Windows Update and manual installing for the KB2919355. I can see the installation is successful in the "Update History" and also at the "Installed Updates". But the status in the "Installed Updates" will be missing right after restarting my PC.

I've done few methods to solve this issue but still unsuccessful (Windows Update keep asking to install KB2919355):

1-Install KB2919442 (Windows notified it has been installed).

2-Clean Windows Update temporary cache folder.

3-Run SFC Utility.

Hope you guys can assist me on this. Thank you in advance.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 8:23 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

If the update disappear after restart computer, it would be not successfully installed on your side.

After reboot computer, we could run command line "wmic qfe" as administrator to check if the update exists in list. 

If not exists, uninstall it and try the following measure before install again.

1. Ensure that Administrators and System accounts have Full Control (which should have been) in the following places:

·         HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\USBSTOR

By default, the SYSTEM account and the Administrators account has full control on usbstor.inf and usbstor.pnf file. Set the proper permissions on usbstor.inf and usbstor.pnf

To do so, follow the steps listed below, 

1. Start Windows Explorer, and then locate the %SystemRoot%\Inf folder 

2. Right-click the Usbstor.inf file, and then click Properties 

3. Click the Security tab 

4. Under the Group or user names list, give full permission to SYSTEM and Administrators 

5. Click Ok 

6. Repeat the steps for other usbstor.pnf file and registry location, 
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\USBSTOR. Note: If BootFlags =4, change it to 3. 

7. Also, check if we have any group policy configured to block USB devices which can affect usbstor.inf and .pnf files 
    8. Reboot if needed before reapplying KB2919442.

Bests,

" Please note that new questions regarding ‘Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment’ could NOT be posted in this forum anymore. This thread could be followed up until Mar-30th. We will be moving your thread to Microsoft Q&A if the deadline is missed. Register our new platform Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! for new questions or discussion. Check more details on sticky post.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Monday, June 22, 2020 9:46 AM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2020 5:21 AM
  • Hi,

Any update for your issue?

Bests,

" Please note that new questions regarding ‘Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment’ could NOT be posted in this forum anymore. This thread could be followed up until Mar-30th. We will be moving your thread to Microsoft Q&A if the deadline is missed. Register our new platform Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! for new questions or discussion. Check more details on sticky post.

Monday, June 22, 2020 9:46 AM