none
Migrate from Project Server 2013 to Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i'm going to migrate project server from 2013 to project online, i found resources for how to move projects to Project online but i didn't find any resources for how to move (project Calendar, risks & issues Lists, reports and custom enterprise field), so if anyone has the same experience please advise me.

thanks in advance,

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 1:23 PM

Answers

• Closed projects are still the same as an open project in terms of what is migrated - I guess you just have a custom field such as "Status" with Open, closed etc. so these will migrate the same way you plan to migrate open projects? Risks and Issues - are you talking about SharePoint item version history? If so, check with a SharePoint migration tool to see if they support what you need. SSRS reports could be reworked to use something like Power BI. I'd recommend working with a Microsoft PPM partner to give you advice for the migration as they could talk about your specific requirements - it's potentially a large topic for a forum query.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 1:47 PM

All replies