none
WSP Files stuck in deploying status RRS feed

• Question

• when I try to deploy a wsp using the stsadm

this is the error that is generated  in the logs, not sure if it cause that the  wsp deploy is stuck and hasn't gotten to the  listviewwebpart, or if there is something wrong with the wsp.

And from the logs, when I try to go to the NewForm.aspx page, I get this in the log:

09/06/2019 15:34:52.44 w3wp.exe (0x3530)                       0x345C  Document Management Server                Document Management                    52od      Medium               MetadataNavigationContext Page_InitComplete: No XsltListViewWebPart was found on this page[/sites/sss/ssss/Lists/Project Document/NewForm.aspx].  Hiding key filters and downgrading tree functionality to legacy ListViewWebPart(v3) level for this list.               3c1efe94-5ae5-4919-8584-6268c324a4be

Another error message:

And from the logs, when I try to go to the NewForm.aspx page, I get this in the log:

PopulateReferenceTableData

09/06/2019 15:34:52.44 w3wp.exe (0x3530)                       0x345C  Document Management Server                Document Management                    52od      Medium               MetadataNavigationContext Page_InitComplete: No XsltListViewWebPart was found on this page[/sites/gen/PPM/Lists/Project%20Proposal%20Document/NewForm.aspx].  Hiding key filters and downgrading tree functionality to legacy ListViewWebPart(v3) level for this list.               3c1efe94-5ae5-4919-8584-6268c324a4be

We have done IISReset and still not able to deploy the webpart.

Any ideas out there.

• Edited by cowboy2066 Sunday, September 8, 2019 4:38 PM
    Friday, September 6, 2019 11:38 PM

All replies

• Hi cowboy2066 ,

You can make sure WSP is deployed correctly by referring to the article below:

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/steps-to-deploy-a-farm-solution-wsp-file-in-a-sharepoint-f/

In addition, you can refer to this similar situation below:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/75660/how-to-add-visual-web-part-deployed-using-wsp-file

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, September 9, 2019 7:21 AM
  • Hi ,

Has the problem been solved?

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 9:19 AM
  • Yes, the problem has been solved. But not by using the methods provided.

it was two fold:

1) the Packages had the x64 setting when we needed it to be ANY CPU. We were getting MISL not formatted for AMD( Something like that. and that was hanging the timerjobs up )

2) a user that was not formatted in AD and in SharePoint properly, and was causing the issue.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:37 PM
  • Hi ,

I'm very happy to see you solve this problem, you can mark your own reply as the answer.

It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Monday, September 16, 2019 1:12 AM