none
SCOM 2019 Create Folder in mp RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, everyone! I'm a little confused. I create a new management pack which have only one empty folder. When I import this mp to SCOM this folder is displayed in Monitoring panel. But when I seal mp folder didn't displayed. And I don't know why. Any suggestions?

For seal mp I use visual studio 2017. Key file was generated using Developer Command Prompt for VS 2017. Command was :

sn -k c:\Temp\Key.snk

example of mp :

<Presentation>
        <Folders>
          <Folder ID="Folder_7e4ff39e0d0f4838ad294a83d7bf2d61" Accessibility="Public" ParentFolder="SystemCenter!Microsoft.SystemCenter.Monitoring.ViewFolder.Root" />
          <Folder ID="Folder_9942ba964d394c938014121142a3c50f" Accessibility="Public" ParentFolder="SystemCenter!Microsoft.SystemCenter.Monitoring.ViewFolder.Root" />
        </Folders>
      </Presentation>
      <LanguagePacks>
        <LanguagePack ID="ENU" IsDefault="false">
          <DisplayStrings>
            <DisplayString ElementID="ToDELETE">
              <Name>To DELETE</Name>
              <Description>test</Description>
            </DisplayString>
            <DisplayString ElementID="Folder_7e4ff39e0d0f4838ad294a83d7bf2d61">
              <Name>To DELETE</Name>
              <Description>test</Description>
            </DisplayString>
            <DisplayString ElementID="Folder_9942ba964d394c938014121142a3c50f">
              <Name>Systems</Name>
              <Description></Description>
            </DisplayString>
          </DisplayStrings>
        </LanguagePack>
      </LanguagePacks>
    </ManagementPackFragment>

Friday, November 8, 2019 10:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This has to do with referencing. When you seal a management pack the folder you have created will not show up untill there is something displayed in there. This means that if the folder is empty, it will not shoiw up untill you define a view in in in your MP. 

Here another thread woth the same description for your reference:

Folders disappear when management pack is sealed

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Friday, November 8, 2019 10:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This has to do with referencing. When you seal a management pack the folder you have created will not show up untill there is something displayed in there. This means that if the folder is empty, it will not shoiw up untill you define a view in in in your MP. 

Here another thread woth the same description for your reference:

Folders disappear when management pack is sealed

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Friday, November 8, 2019 10:59 AM
  • Thanks, Stoyan! 

p.s. sorry for this topic. Next time I'll be search the answer for my question more carefully. 

Friday, November 8, 2019 11:18 AM
  • Hey, 

no worries, those are not easily found and we are also here to help. 

Have a great weekend!

Regards,

Friday, November 8, 2019 11:51 AM