none
Project Online timesheet configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We recently migrated to Project Online and we're having issues getting timesheets to work like they did in our on prem Project Server 2013 farm. Our issue is that some people who go to submit the task (we're using it for vacations) will get the pop-up for notes, but the Process Status column is not switching to Awaiting Approval.

The first time I noticed this, I also realized my account was still a site collection admin in PWA. Once I removed myself from there and was a only a member of the PWA group Team Members, Timesheets began working as expected for me. However, we have some Project Managers who see the same issue. The user is only in the Project Managers group. Another person who is in both Project Managers and Resource Managers also sees the issue. As far as I can tell, everyone has a correct Resource Manager setup in Users and the rest of our Timesheet config is exactly like our on premise one.

That said are there differences between online and on-prem (2013 in our case) where certain permissions need to be removed/added in order for people with more access than just Team Members to submit timesheets to their managers?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 6:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Aaronzott,

Edit the user and change the Timesheet Manager to required person. User is always default timesheet manager for himself/herself. You need to change that settings.

1) To be able to set as a Timesheet Manager, the user needs to be in the "Timesheet Managers" list, which can be set under Server Settings >> Timesheet Managers

2) As long as the user is his own Timesheet Manager, the timesheet gets approved automatically.

3) When you select "Line Approval Required", that means that the approvals from Project Managers are required before the timesheet manager sees the timesheet.

To know more about Timesheet approval process visit https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197664(v=office.12).aspx

Amol

Friday, August 26, 2016 9:24 PM