none
Project complete at 100% for all tasks but is not showing 100% in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have several projects running and I am using MSP2010 with MSP Server 2010. One of my projects, even though I have marked all the tasks complete at 100% will not show 100% in PWA Summary and also when I go to close tasks to update they are not showing at 100% either.

It does say in the corner when I click save that the job has been saved and has been published when I click publish but it also says 'All offline jobs synchronised to server' even though I am online and when I click file it says it is connected to the server.

This also happened last week with another project and it would not publish to 100% in PWA so another project Manager opened the project in MS Project Professional. The tasks did not show at 100% like they do for me so he marked them as 100% and published which updated PWA to 100%

I have several other projects that when I update them the % complete matches the % complete in PWA and all projects were created in 2010 using the same methods...

Any help would be greatly appreciated please!  

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 12:58 AM

Answers

• Strange

Check the status of project publish job

Navigate to PWA site >> Server Settings >> Manage queue jobs.

Add "success" under Job completion states and click on refresh  status

Hrishi Deshpande – DeltaBahn Senior Consultant
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:02 AM
  • I checked the Queued jobs and there was nothing there for the project I was trying to update but I did notice that another project I was working on yesterday wouldn't check in, it was still pending check in from yesterday. I re-started the server and cleared my cache and opened the project again and everything was back to 0% complete so I marked them all at 100% and saved and published and it is now 100% in PWA so yey! I am not sure if it was clearing the cache or re-starting the server but it is fixed now.

Thanks for your help :)

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:33 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

Are you able to view Project Summary task in Project Pro?

If not, then navigiate to File and select options>>Advanced

Under "Display Options for this Project", make sure that "Show summary task" has been selected

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:10 AM
  • Yes, I have a summary task which also says 100% complete. Its just not reflecting in PWA :(

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:24 AM
  • What is current Summary task %?

Just a thought we can make one task 99% , save and publish the project plan.

Again make same task 100% , save and publish the project plan

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:29 AM
  • I did that and PWA still says 0% while the project in Professional says 99%/100%

Double checked again and I am definately connected to the server. I also opened the project by opening Project Professional -> Open -> retrieve the list of projects from project server and I am still having the same issue :(

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:45 AM
  • Strange

Check the status of project publish job

Navigate to PWA site >> Server Settings >> Manage queue jobs.

Add "success" under Job completion states and click on refresh  status

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:02 AM
  • I checked the Queued jobs and there was nothing there for the project I was trying to update but I did notice that another project I was working on yesterday wouldn't check in, it was still pending check in from yesterday. I re-started the server and cleared my cache and opened the project again and everything was back to 0% complete so I marked them all at 100% and saved and published and it is now 100% in PWA so yey! I am not sure if it was clearing the cache or re-starting the server but it is fixed now.

Thanks for your help :)

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:33 AM
  • I did that and PWA still says 0% while the project in Professional says 99%/100%

Double checked again and I am definately connected to the server. I also opened the project by opening Project Professional -> Open -> retrieve the list of projects from project server and I am still having the same issue :(

I have the same problem. This happens I think when you have created the project local.
    We are migrating from server 2010 to 2013. I team completed a task and it was approve but it wasn't showing 100% procent in de project overview and also on the project site it reports late.

I open the project from the server local and then publish it. Now I can see update in my project overview.

Friday, January 9, 2015 1:07 PM