none
sharepoint access denied..for one user

Question

• We have AD installed on Win2k8r2(abc.com), on member server we have Sharepoint 2010(oldsp2010). Whenever one of user named e.g abc\tata try to log on to share point site through brower he is not able to log on ..getting an error:

Error:access denied

you are signed as :abc\tata

he is  the only user getting this error. in test Enviroment i had created another shareppoint server 2010(newsp2010) in this abc\tata can log on newsp2010 without any problem. pls help me resolve this problem...as soon as possible on high priority ...

Monday, March 18, 2013 10:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Prasad,

Not sure whether you have tried this one , could you please confirm. If not please remove it from All People group (<SitCollection/SubsiteURL>/_layouts/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=0 )

"Have you removed the user from "All people" group or just SharePoint permission group?"

Regards,
    Anoop

• Edited by Anoop KV Monday, April 1, 2013 10:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Prasad.kambar Friday, April 5, 2013 2:12 PM
    Monday, April 1, 2013 9:58 AM
  • when i had used Get SPUser command with parameters abc\tata user exist there

Get-SPUser -web "http://sharepointsite_url"

* user name was listed here

pls help

Prasad kambar

• Marked as answer by Prasad.kambar Friday, April 5, 2013 2:14 PM
    Saturday, March 30, 2013 9:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Spiceers,

I assume you are permissioning users through AD groups? Have you tried adding this user (abc\tata) directly in SharePoint permission groups? 

Hope this workaround helps!

BlueSky2010
    Please help and appreciate others by using forum features: "Propose As Answer", "Vote As Helpful" and "Mark As Answer"

Monday, March 18, 2013 1:16 PM
  • Can you provide some information about the permissions? Why should this user be able to access the site, has it been granted access? Is it a member of a group that has access? Etc.

Jason Warren
    Infrastructure Architect

Monday, March 18, 2013 1:18 PM
  • abc\tata user have a permission in that site..when i open a browers ,access the url for sharepoint 2010 it ask me for users Credentials when i log on with the user Credentials i get Error :

access Denied:you are currently log in and it stop there..

Prasad kambar

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:09 AM
  • user have contributor permission

Prasad kambar

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:10 AM
  • if you are using publishing site. you done any modifications in master page. you will get this type of error. publish that master page then resolve that problem

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:15 AM
  • what else i can do to resolve this problem...

Prasad kambar

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:30 AM
  • Just for test - try giving the user full control and see if he can access the site. 

Also send the user direct link to any other page/ list item (other than the welcome page e.g. default.aspx) - is the user able to open those? 

BlueSky2010
    Please help and appreciate others by using forum features: "Propose As Answer", "Vote As Helpful" and "Mark As Answer"

• Unmarked as answer by Prasad.kambar Friday, April 5, 2013 2:12 PM
    • Proposed as answer by HapSary Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:01 AM
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:10 PM
  • yes i have given full control to the user but still i m gettng the same error.....pls

Prasad kambar

Friday, March 22, 2013 9:16 AM
  • this is not a client-side problem?, have you tried logging on as this user from a different computer?
    Friday, March 22, 2013 9:40 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any modification done recently on user AD acounts (Changes in First Name, Last Name, Login Account etc...)?? Is that site is accessible for all other users with different permissions (read, contribute, full control...)??

Have you tried to remove user account from SharePoint site "All People" group ( /_layouts/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=0)  & again give the permission to the user.

Thanks ,

Anoop

Saturday, March 23, 2013 2:25 AM
  • hi Anoop,

i had done some changes to the user and all other user able to log on and browse site. but this user have  only problem ..And yes we had remove this user and.., reassigned the share and site permission ... pls help..

Prasad kambar

Monday, March 25, 2013 5:27 AM
  • Have you recently migrated content or switched your auth provider?  I have seen this when folks have migrated from claims to NTLM and have also seen this with FBA/LDAP when the user wasn't added to the site in claims format.

Hope This Helps!

Monday, March 25, 2013 2:12 PM
  • Have you recently migrated content or switched your auth provider? ---->no sir

Prasad kambar

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:29 AM
  • Can you create a test web application/site collection and give the user right to it and see if the error follows the user?  What is the ULS log showing at time of attempted authorization?

"i had done some changes to the user and all other user able to log on and browse site. but this user have  only problem ..And yes we had remove this user and.., reassigned the share and site permission ... pls help.."

What did you change?  Run the following command:

stsadm -o sync listolddatabases 0

You may have stale sync records for this user.

Hope This Helps!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:34 PM
  • Use Get-SPUser command with parameters abc\tata and web application in question.

This will give some insights into account. If you find something wrong, say, account name or dsiplay name or email, you may use Set-SPUser to update the values.

let's know how does it go....

Naveed.DG MCITP, MCTS -SharePoint 2010 Administrator "Vote As Helpful" If it helps!!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:26 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Have you removed the user from "All people" group or just SharePoint permission group?
    Is that user is able to access his/her mysite?
    Create new test site & give the permission to the user.

Regards,
    Anoop

Friday, March 29, 2013 4:15 PM
  • when i had used Get SPUser command with parameters abc\tata user exist there

Get-SPUser -web "http://sharepointsite_url"

* user name was listed here

pls help

Prasad kambar

• Marked as answer by Prasad.kambar Friday, April 5, 2013 2:14 PM
    Saturday, March 30, 2013 9:41 AM
  • in test Enviroment i had created another shareppoint foundation 2010(newsp2010) in this abc\tata can log on newsp2010 without any problem. pls help me resolve this problem

Prasad kambar

Saturday, March 30, 2013 9:42 AM
  • "i had done some changes to the user and all other user able to log on and browse site. but this user have  only problem ..And yes we had remove this user and.., reassigned the share and site permission ... pls help.."

What did you change?  Run the following command:

stsadm -o sync listolddatabases 0

You may have stale sync records for this user.

Hope This Helps!

Saturday, March 30, 2013 12:09 PM
  • Hi Prasad,

Not sure whether you have tried this one , could you please confirm. If not please remove it from All People group (<SitCollection/SubsiteURL>/_layouts/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=0 )

"Have you removed the user from "All people" group or just SharePoint permission group?"

Regards,
    Anoop

• Edited by Anoop KV Monday, April 1, 2013 10:00 AM
    Monday, April 1, 2013 9:58 AM
  • how to remove a user from a site collection using powershell command pls let me know..

Prasad kambar

Friday, April 5, 2013 1:36 PM
  • http://sharepointpsscripts.codeplex.com/releases/view/21693

Hope This Helps!

Friday, April 5, 2013 1:55 PM
  • hi anoop,

thanks a lot for help as you have told i had removed the user from using powershell and again added this user for the that site now user can log in and not facing the same problem

regards,

prasad..

Prasad kambar

Friday, April 5, 2013 2:14 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any modification done recently on user AD acounts (Changes in First Name, Last Name, Login Account etc...)?? Is that site is accessible for all other users with different permissions (read, contribute, full control...)??

Have you tried to remove user account from SharePoint site "All People" group ( /_layouts/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=0)  & again give the permission to the user.

Thanks ,

Anoop

Thank you, that solved my problem!

I worked with local accounts only and I moved the complete web collection database to a new server. I recreated the accounts there, added them to the corresponding groups but the users reported to me that they still got an access denied message when they try to login. Finally the problem was that the old accounts from the previous server (same user name but different computer name) were still in that membership group with Id 0 you mentioned. After removing all old accounts from there it worked :)

Friday, September 27, 2013 12:01 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks ,

Anoop

Thank you, that solved my problem!

I worked with local accounts only and I moved the complete web collection database to a new server. I recreated the accounts there, added them to the corresponding groups but the users reported to me that they still got an access denied message when they try to login. Finally the problem was that the old accounts from the previous server (same user name but different computer name) were still in that membership group with Id 0 you mentioned. After removing all old accounts from there it worked :)

I had this very same problem.  Tried removing the user and adding again through the group to which they were assigned, which did not work. Took me a few minutes to work out how to get to the "All People" group, I did this by appending "/_layouts/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=0" to the main site URL and deleting the user through this page.

Many thanks for positing this solution.

Thursday, June 19, 2014 12:58 PM