none
Percent Complete Jumps to 100% Complete Automatically RRS feed

• Question

• We recently upgraded to Project 2013 and are connected to Server. A few of our Project Managers are experiencing issues with random tasks in their schedules jumping to 100% complete when manually updating that field. For example: a task is currently at 50% complete and the PM wants to update the task to 75% complete. When they go to type in the 75%, or use the 75% complete button, the task automatically jumps to 100% complete. This has happened several times. We have also seen the opposite where a PM went to mark a task to 100% complete and it would not allow them to do so. It remained at the current % complete. I have had them close down Project and open it back up and that sometimes fixes the issue. Other times we have had them disconnect from the server and then reconnect and that fixes the problem temporarily. It seems to be random at this point. This doesn't happen to all tasks either within a given schedule. We can't seem to find a common reason for this to happen. Any suggestions?? Is this a known issue?

Thank you for any help in advance!

Travis Long IT Project Manager Entry Idaho Power Co. Project Server Admin

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:38 PM

All replies

• I did find this answer from another post.... Is this the issue??

I'm guessing this is related to your other post where % complete and % work complete are not matching.  I can reproduce you what you report fairly easily.  Create a fixed duration 10 day task.  Assign a resource.  Project will calculate the work and spread it evenly across the full 10 day duration.  Go to the Task Usage view and zero the work on the assignment line for the last 5 days.  So, you'll end up with a 10 day duration task, but the resource is only working for the first 5 days.

Attempt to set the task as 50% complete and it will jump to 100%.  There is no remaining work.

Look at the work spread in the Task Usage view and do you see zero work at the end?  Look at the Task in the Gantt chart -- do you see a trailing split?

Travis Long IT Project Manager Entry Idaho Power Co. Project Server Admin

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 3:00 PM