none
Client agents are not getting installed. Getting 0x8004100E errors in distmgr.log RRS feed

  • Question

  • I don't think the Distribution Point is getting updated with the client install package.  I am getting 0x8004100E errors in the distmgr.log file.
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:34 PM

All replies

  • 0x8004100E = WBEM_E_INVALID_NAMESPACE. Do you see this error message only in conjunction with the client agent package?

    Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

    Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:00 PM
  • That's the only thing that I have tried to deploy so far.
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:06 PM
  • That's the only thing that I have tried to deploy so far.
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:07 PM
  • What does ccm.log say when deploying clients to machines?
    Friday, March 29, 2013 3:54 PM
  • Hi Marc.  Thanks for the reply.  Here are some records from the ccm.log file:

    ---> Unable to connect to WMI on remote machine "DT120724021", error = 0x800706ba.  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:36.390+300><thread=10676 (0x29B4)>
    ---> Deleting SMS Client Install Lock File '\\DT120724021\admin$\SMSClientInstall.B01'~  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:36.390+300><thread=10676 (0x29B4)>
    Execute query exec [sp_CP_SetLastErrorCode] 2097152274, -2147023174~  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:36.399+300><thread=10676 (0x29B4)>
    Stored request "2097152274", machine name "DT120724021", in queue "Retry".  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:36.400+300><thread=10676 (0x29B4)>
    Execute query exec [sp_CP_SetPushRequestMachineStatus] 2097152274, 2~  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:36.400+300><thread=10676 (0x29B4)>
    Execute query exec [sp_CP_SetLatest] 2097152274, N'03/30/2013 14:49:36', 93~  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:36.401+300><thread=10676 (0x29B4)>
    <======End request: "2097152274", machine name: "DT120724021".  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:36.402+300><thread=10676 (0x29B4)>
    ---> WNetAddConnection2 failed (LOGON32_LOGON_NEW_CREDENTIALS) using account BPS.net\Administrator (00000035)  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:40.313+300><thread=13176 (0x3378)>
    ---> The device 10.3.18.79 does not exist on the network. Giving up~  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:40.313+300><thread=13176 (0x3378)>

    I am able to ping the machine: "DT120724021" 

    Wayne

    Saturday, March 30, 2013 3:46 PM
  • Saturday, March 30, 2013 7:45 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Marc.  Thanks for the reply.  Here are some records from the ccm.log file:

    ---> Unable to connect to WMI on remote machine "DT120724021", error = 0x800706ba.  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:36.390+300><thread=10676 (0x29B4)>
    ---> Deleting SMS Client Install Lock File '\\DT120724021\admin$\SMSClientInstall.B01'~  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:36.390+300><thread=10676 (0x29B4)>
    Execute query exec [sp_CP_SetLastErrorCode] 2097152274, -2147023174~  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:36.399+300><thread=10676 (0x29B4)>
    Stored request "2097152274", machine name "DT120724021", in queue "Retry".  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:36.400+300><thread=10676 (0x29B4)>
    Execute query exec [sp_CP_SetPushRequestMachineStatus] 2097152274, 2~  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:36.400+300><thread=10676 (0x29B4)>
    Execute query exec [sp_CP_SetLatest] 2097152274, N'03/30/2013 14:49:36', 93~  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:36.401+300><thread=10676 (0x29B4)>
    <======End request: "2097152274", machine name: "DT120724021".  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:36.402+300><thread=10676 (0x29B4)>
    ---> WNetAddConnection2 failed (LOGON32_LOGON_NEW_CREDENTIALS) using account BPS.net\Administrator (00000035)  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:40.313+300><thread=13176 (0x3378)>
    ---> The device 10.3.18.79 does not exist on the network. Giving up~  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><03-30-2013 09:49:40.313+300><thread=13176 (0x3378)>

    I am able to ping the machine: "DT120724021" 

    Wayne

    I've seen this issue occuring at a previous project. Common causes were:

    • File & Printer sharing disabled (for different reasons)
    • 'incorrect' DNS records

    The last section of the log states that it is unable to find something on the network. I believe you need to check on the machine itself if all the client requirements are there.

    Monday, April 1, 2013 10:34 PM
  • Thanks for the post Jason. That link looks like it is referring to putting a DP on a Windows 7 box. I have the DP on the same box as the Primary Site which is a Windows Server 2012 box.
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:37 PM
  • That doesn't matter.  You've got WMI issues, and this post points to a possible fix although given that this is your site server, you've probably got bigger issues and generally mucking with WMI on a site server should be a CSS call.

    Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com


    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 10:08 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks for the reply Jason. I did the ‘mofcomp.exe smsdpprov.mof’ thingy. I guess I wait awhile now and see if the DP updates with the client agent package.
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:54 PM
  • Jason, Marc, Thanks for the help, but I finally gave up. I provisioned a new VM and loaded SCCM 2012 SP1 from scratch. It is working.
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 5:59 PM
  • Marc,

    Please forgive me, but I really tried to respond to your post 4 different times.  Each time I tried after I clicked on the "Submit" button, nothing happened.

    Wayne

    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 6:00 PM