none
PowerPivot Gallery Error

Question

• I have added SQL Server for PowerPivot to my SharePoint 2010 installation.  The installation was flawless.  I created a PowerPivot site collection, no problem.  Now, when I click on "PowerPivot Gallery" i receive the following error:

Could not load type 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.ReportGalleryView'

Correlation ID: d2469a72-17b8-4aa6-8056-31af4048ee02 

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Mario
    Saturday, January 07, 2012 9:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Good qn. and  I wish I knew for sure. I did install PowerPivot for someone recently and I don't remember I had to do any extra steps in order to get the solutions installed in the farm solution store. They got deployed automatically as a result of some step I executed on the way.

However, I would suggest you revisit the PowerPivot installation document one more time and go through it as thoroughly as you can and try to determine after which steps the PowerPivot solutions got installed in the farm and see if anything got missed out.

So I guess whether you want to uninstall and reinstall will depend on the deadline of your task. If you still have enough time to troubleshoot, you would troueblshoot. If not uninstalling and reinstalling may be the route to opt for.

As you know PowerPivot may be installed in two flavors. When you are first time installing the farm or when you are installing it on an already exisiting SharePoint farm.

When I did the installation, I followed the second route from the technet document:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee210616.aspx

Thanks, Soumya | MCITP, SharePoint 2010
    Saturday, January 07, 2012 11:27 PM

All replies

• Did you try any solution that you find if you bing the above message? For example, I see the following in PowerPivot geek.

http://powerpivotgeek.com/2010/01/20/could-not-load-type-microsoft-analysisservices-sharepoint-integration-reportgalleryview/

or the following in PowerPivot info:

http://powerpivot-info.com/post/229-could-not-load-type-microsoftanalysisservicessharepointintegrationreportgalleryview

Did you get a chance to check the corelation id in your diagnositic log just in case in gives any additional clues?

Saturday, January 07, 2012 9:42 PM

• Mario
    Saturday, January 07, 2012 10:35 PM
  • Not sure what happened to my text.  I guess the graphic covered it up. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  From your links I learned that there is a simple solution to my error:  Deploy the Solution.  Unfortunately, I learned (as shown in the graphic above) that I have no solution to deploy.  This seems odd since my SQL Server PowerPivot Install was successful. 

Would you suggest that I try Un-Installing PowerPivot and Re-Installing?  Or should I continue to troubleshoot?

Thanks, Again

Mario
    Saturday, January 07, 2012 10:39 PM
  • Hi,

Good qn. and  I wish I knew for sure. I did install PowerPivot for someone recently and I don't remember I had to do any extra steps in order to get the solutions installed in the farm solution store. They got deployed automatically as a result of some step I executed on the way.

However, I would suggest you revisit the PowerPivot installation document one more time and go through it as thoroughly as you can and try to determine after which steps the PowerPivot solutions got installed in the farm and see if anything got missed out.

So I guess whether you want to uninstall and reinstall will depend on the deadline of your task. If you still have enough time to troubleshoot, you would troueblshoot. If not uninstalling and reinstalling may be the route to opt for.

As you know PowerPivot may be installed in two flavors. When you are first time installing the farm or when you are installing it on an already exisiting SharePoint farm.

When I did the installation, I followed the second route from the technet document:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee210616.aspx

Saturday, January 07, 2012 11:27 PM
  • No worries no need to re-configure PowerPivot all you need is to go to Central Administration > System Settings > Manage farm Solutions

and deploy the powerpivotwebapp.wsp to your web application Refresh the PowerPivot library and it’ll work

Wagdy Ishac www.sqldair.com

Sunday, July 08, 2012 2:32 PM