none
disable sync with business client not working RRS feed

• Question

• hi i have 2 site 

1st used on SP2016 last update

2nd used on SP2019 last update

i need disable for All users  on my site sync  button  but not woking on SP2016  and work wih SP2019

go to  : site setting -->Search-->Search and offline availability-->Offline Client Availability-->Set No

for for each user on SP2019 and not working on SP2016

first Q : how to disable for all subsite (mysite.test.com/personal/XXXX) ?

2nd Q : how to work for SP2016 ?

Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell -erroraction
    SilentlyContinue

Get-SPSite -limit all | get-SPWeb
    -limit all | Foreach { $_.ExcludeFromOfflineClient=1;

$_.Update()} 

i used this command  and all user set no but the show the button sync 

in classic mode the button was gray out but modern view on SP 16 is enabled

• Edited by Black_Roze Sunday, January 12, 2020 12:01 PM
    Sunday, January 12, 2020 9:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Black,

As far as I know, SharePoint 2016 doesn't have a modern experience.

in classic mode the button was gray out but modern view on SP 16 is enabled

If I understand correctly, what you're referring to is that these codes work in the classic mode of SharePoint 2019, but they don't work in modern mode.

I tested this command for you, I recreated your issue, it works, except in the modern experience of SharePoint 2019.

PowerShell works in SharePoint 2019. But those configuration options no longer do anything. Some PowerShell only work in classic mode.

In addition, there is no option to disable functionality for all subsites at the same time, and I recommend that you manually execute or use classic mode in each site.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, January 13, 2020 2:40 AM
  • Hi ,

I am checking your situation here.

Any progress on your troubleshooting?

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, January 17, 2020 9:29 AM
  • Hi ,

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Monday, January 20, 2020 7:50 AM