none
view 2 different calendars into 1 calendar

Question

• We have different calendars setup on our Sharepoint site.  Is there a way to view multiple calendar data onto one calendar?

Thank you,

Steven J 
    Thursday, August 28, 2008 8:13 PM

Answers

• Do you want to merge the data permanently into one calendar, or just provide a consolidated view of the 2 calendars?

Option 1: Merge Data.  I would export each list to Excel, merge there, create a new calendar based on the merged excel file.

Option 2: View 2 lists as one:  If you are using MOSS, use the Content Query WEB Part to pull the data back into one dataset.  Then use an open-source calendar XSLT transform to put that into a calendar view. 

I hope this helps-

Jeff DeVerter
    jeff@deverter.com
    Rackspace

Thursday, August 28, 2008 10:07 PM
  • Also altrnatively if you have Office 2007 clients then outlook gives you the ability to have merged views and also have two way sync. But it comes with a trade off that you need to have Outlook 2007 which is kind of additional investement.

And as jeff suggested, CQWP is the best way to merge any data within SharePoint site and provides a rollup view of content in the site.

Sameer Dhoot | http://intellects.in
    Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:20 PM

All replies

• Do you want to merge the data permanently into one calendar, or just provide a consolidated view of the 2 calendars?

Option 1: Merge Data.  I would export each list to Excel, merge there, create a new calendar based on the merged excel file.

Option 2: View 2 lists as one:  If you are using MOSS, use the Content Query WEB Part to pull the data back into one dataset.  Then use an open-source calendar XSLT transform to put that into a calendar view. 

I hope this helps-

Jeff DeVerter
    jeff@deverter.com
    Rackspace

Thursday, August 28, 2008 10:07 PM
  • Also altrnatively if you have Office 2007 clients then outlook gives you the ability to have merged views and also have two way sync. But it comes with a trade off that you need to have Outlook 2007 which is kind of additional investement.

And as jeff suggested, CQWP is the best way to merge any data within SharePoint site and provides a rollup view of content in the site.

Sameer Dhoot | http://intellects.in
    Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:20 PM