Outlook Web Access Web Part Sharepoint Server 2013 was deprecated? RRS feed

• Domanda

• Previuosly on Sharepoint Server 2010 I have OWA Web Part that provides to me access to my mailbox folders in Exchange Server. It was deprecated? What's its replacement?
    martedì 29 gennaio 2013 20:08

Risposte

Tutte le risposte

• please read about site mailbox:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2012/08/22/site-mailboxes-in-the-new-office.aspx

Redmond did praise the new site mailbox feature's division of labor between SharePoint and Exchange. “Exchange looks after e-mail and SharePoint takes care of documents (from http://technews.tmcnet.com/email-hosting/topics/email-hosting/articles/307322-exchange-2013-site-mailboxes-aim-improve-collaboration-email.htm)

Shredded storage make SharePoint a good place to store documents: http://blogs.technet.com/b/wbaer/archive/2012/11/12/introduction-to-shredded-storage-in-sharepoint-2013.aspx

• Contrassegnato come risposta GuYuming giovedì 28 febbraio 2013 03:08
    mercoledì 30 gennaio 2013 08:05
  • To use My Inbox and My Calendar web part in SharePoint 2013, do following steps:

1) Go to Web part Gallery.

2) On Web part Gallery page, Click Files-> New Document -> New in the ribbon.

3) On New web part page(NewDWp.aspx), look for Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.OWAInboxPart , Select the web part and click on populate gallery.

Now, you can go to your SharePoint page where you want to add web part, click on Add web part. Under Miscellaneous Category, you will see OWAInbox web part. 

Similarly, you can add OWA: Calendar, Task web parts etc.
    • Proposto come risposta Pratikkumar Shah mercoledì 27 febbraio 2013 11:38
    • Modificato Pratikkumar Shah mercoledì 27 febbraio 2013 11:40
    • Contrassegnato come risposta GuYuming giovedì 28 febbraio 2013 03:07
    mercoledì 27 febbraio 2013 09:33
  • This didn't work on SharePoint 2013 (Online; Office 365; E3). I was able to re-enable the web part, but upon adding it to a new web part page, I got an error message that says the content cannot be displayed in a frame.

Since the SharePoint calendars don't seem to allow you to schedule reminders for upcoming events (which seems really odd - so maybe I've missed some functionality in tasks someplace?), I wanted to reveal a user's calendar and share it with the team for the purpose of keeping everyone aware and up-to-date on (annually) recurring tasks.

Any suggestions?

mercoledì 7 agosto 2013 14:32
  • Hello,

Outlook Webpart intergration in Sharepoint 2013 doesn't work on my side too.

URLs and accounts are functionnal. I am using Exchange 2013 and Sharepoint 2013.

Do you have information concerning this configuration ?

Are we able to add an OWA Webpart in Sharepoint 2013 ?

Thanks a lot for your answer.

mercoledì 18 settembre 2013 16:01
  • Hello ,

Do you have a fix for this issue yet?

lunedì 31 marzo 2014 19:13