March PU (KB2767999) Fails with message 'The Installation of this package failed.' RRS feed

• คำถาม

• I have a single box install of SP2013 RTM and have downloaded the March PU. When I go to install it, the files get extracted and after  awhile I get the error message ''The Installation of this package failed."

I see no related entries in the event log so am wondering what is the cause/solution and in fact how to simply troubleshoot this issue?

25 เมษายน 2556 14:13

คำตอบ

ตอบทั้งหมด

• could you please check the %temp% folder for SharePoint setup log as described in http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263202.aspx :

If Setup fails, check log files in the Temp folder of the user account that you used to run Setup. Ensure that you are logged in using the same user account, and then type %temp% in the location bar in Windows Explorer. If the path in Windows Explorer resolves to a location that ends in a "1" or "2", you will have to navigate up one level to view the log files. The log file name is SharePoint Server Setup (<time stamp>).

I know that it is for SharePoint setup, and did not mention PU setup. Just try.

Or, you can use tools such as Process Monitor to find out what file system object or registry entry the setup program is visiting.

26 เมษายน 2556 8:07
  • Thanks ..

I see an error being thrown in the install log and I am none the wiser for it so I am getting the file again just in case it is corrupted. After running it the first time where it extracted the files, took some time and gave that error message I find that on a re-run it returns instantly with that message ... How can I 'undo' the bits it has already done so that I can in effect start again?

Message recorded as being thrown in log files shown below:

OPatchInstall: Thrown CDetectionExceptionWin32(0)
    OPatchInstall: Setting system property 'SYS.ERROR.INERROR' with value '1'
    OPatchInstall: Setting system property 'SYS.ERROR.CODE' with value '0x0'
    OPatchInstall: Setting system property 'SYS.ERROR.TYPE' with value 'WIN32'
    OPatchInstall: Setting system property 'SYS.ERROR.ARG1' with value 'NONE'
    OPatchInstall: Setting system property 'SYS.ERROR.ARG2' with value 'NONE'
    OPatchInstall: Setting system property 'SYS.ERROR.ARG3' with value 'NONE'
    OPatchInstall: Setting system property 'SYS.ERROR.ARG4' with value 'NONE'
    OPatchInstall: Setting system property 'SYS.ERROR.ARG5' with value 'NONE'
    OPatchInstall: Done executing action

26 เมษายน 2556 9:01
  • Hey Paul, 

not sure if you're still experiencing the same problem, but what made my problem go away was to free up more space on my C drive. This made the error go away for me.

• แก้ไขโดย Andreas Blueher 21 พฤษภาคม 2556 12:38
    • เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Andreas Blueher 21 พฤษภาคม 2556 12:38
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Paul Fr 21 พฤษภาคม 2556 12:57
    2 พฤษภาคม 2556 11:03
  • according to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954713/en-us :

You have to open each Opatchinstall(<var>#</var>).log file, and then move to the bottom of the file. You could start at the bottom and move upward. Search for the text SYS.PROC.RESULT. You should find an error code that is associated with that text. Then, you can look up its meaning at the following Microsoft Web site:
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย GuYuming 7 พฤษภาคม 2556 5:35
    6 พฤษภาคม 2556 10:10
  • Ok ... managed to install it.

The primary issue was probably disk space on C:\ drive (there was 4.0 GB free initially) but compounded by the fact that there was some sort of issue even after increasing the space which is probably down to a corruption some where aloing the line. So, after I increased disk space and copied the downloaded installer file to the server again it installed ok.

7 พฤษภาคม 2556 12:48
  • This worked for me too...freed-up more space. I was down to 3.5 G of free space on this dev VM. great catch!
    30 กันยายน 2556 22:29