none
SCCM missing Microsoft in vendor list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

Since update 1906 I noticed that Microsoft has disappeared from the vendors list when trying to pull a report.

I wasn't able to find anything similar, except for this post here.

Unfortunately the comments there were not helpful to my case. 

I just updated SCCM to the newest version (1910) hoping that the update would solve the issue, but that didn't happen.

Here's a screenshot:

EDIT: The the Component Status seems to be fine. 

Thank you guys.

Adriel Gavazza Ventura
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    www.itprogroup.com.br - Comunidade Técnica

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 9:39 PM

Answers

• Looks like that is the default report "Compliance 4 - Updates by vendor month year"

If I open up that report .rdl in report builder, that pull down is based off of this sql:

Declare @lcid as int set @lcid=dbo.fn_LShortNameToLCID(@locale)
    Select Vendor=''
    Union all
    Select distinct CategoryInstanceName
    from fn_rbac_CategoryInfo(@lcid,@UserSIDs)
    where CategoryTypeName='Company'
    order by 1

So a lot of the query is looking at your locale (1033 if en-us), and your @UserSID, for the rba.  If we hard code in stuff, and ignore the rba, like the below, do you see Microsoft in the results, when you run it directly in Sql Server Management Studio, against your cm_xxx database?

Declare @locale as int = 1033
    Delcare @UserSids as nvarchar(200) = 'disabled'
    Select Vendor=''
    Union All
    distinct CategoryInstanceName
    order by 1

If you DO see 'Microsoft' with rba disabled and locale = 1033, then it's either your rba rights as my first guess; that for whatever reason, somehow the Microsoft as a vendor is being listed as categoryinstancename you don't have rights to see, as that user id.  Could also be the locale =  it's 1033 for En-US; you could try putting in your locale where you are really at--and see if it disappears.  It's possible that Microsoft is listed under 1033 (and others) but not your locale (why I don't know, just speculating)

Standardize. Simplify. Automate.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 9:59 PM
  • I was able to fix the issue.

I tested what  Sherry suggested in another post.

"in report builder, for that report.
    under Parameters, right-click properties on "UserSIDs"
    go to "DefaultValues"
    for me, it is currently  "Get values from a Query", Dataset = DataSetAdminID, Value = UserSIDs

Change it to "Specify Values", Value = disabled   (and yes, that is all lower case)
    OK

Try running the report now--HOWEVER the problem you and others might experience is that means all the rba is disabled, for the entire report.  If the people who run reports are used to seeing just and only their "collections" until the collection pull-down, they'll now instead see every single possible collection.  That may not be acceptable."

Regards,

Adriel Gavazza Ventura

Monday, January 27, 2020 4:14 PM

All replies

• Looks like that is the default report "Compliance 4 - Updates by vendor month year"

If I open up that report .rdl in report builder, that pull down is based off of this sql:

Select Vendor=''
    Union all
    Select distinct CategoryInstanceName
    order by 1

So a lot of the query is looking at your locale (1033 if en-us), and your @UserSID, for the rba.  If we hard code in stuff, and ignore the rba, like the below, do you see Microsoft in the results, when you run it directly in Sql Server Management Studio, against your cm_xxx database?

Declare @locale as int = 1033
    Delcare @UserSids as nvarchar(200) = 'disabled'
    Select Vendor=''
    Union All
    distinct CategoryInstanceName
    order by 1

If you DO see 'Microsoft' with rba disabled and locale = 1033, then it's either your rba rights as my first guess; that for whatever reason, somehow the Microsoft as a vendor is being listed as categoryinstancename you don't have rights to see, as that user id.  Could also be the locale =  it's 1033 for En-US; you could try putting in your locale where you are really at--and see if it disappears.  It's possible that Microsoft is listed under 1033 (and others) but not your locale (why I don't know, just speculating)

Standardize. Simplify. Automate.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 9:59 PM
  • Hi,

In addition, someone encountered a same issue, here is a link for your reference.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d7285df1-d9f7-4430-b866-b95257d4cc45/in-reports-under-vendor-list-i-am-not-able-to-see-microsoft?forum=ConfigMgrCompliance

As Sherry suggested, please kindly try to run the query to see if the Microsoft is listed in the database.

Best Regards,
    Tina

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 7:37 AM
  • Hi Sherry,

I will test it and I get back to you. 

Regards,

Adriel Gavazza Ventura

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 3:35 PM
  • Hi Sherry, 

I was able to run the query and Microsoft is listed there. (image below)

I'm a full admin in SCCM.
    Even tho I doubled checked my RBA Rights and I have access to everything. 

I'm not sure how to check the Locale or even change it. Would you be able to tell me how to do it?

Thank you. 

Regards,

Adriel Gavazza Ventura

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 10:59 PM
  • I was able to fix the issue.

I tested what  Sherry suggested in another post.

"in report builder, for that report.
    under Parameters, right-click properties on "UserSIDs"
    go to "DefaultValues"
    for me, it is currently  "Get values from a Query", Dataset = DataSetAdminID, Value = UserSIDs

Change it to "Specify Values", Value = disabled   (and yes, that is all lower case)
    OK

Try running the report now--HOWEVER the problem you and others might experience is that means all the rba is disabled, for the entire report.  If the people who run reports are used to seeing just and only their "collections" until the collection pull-down, they'll now instead see every single possible collection.  That may not be acceptable."

Regards,

Adriel Gavazza Ventura

Monday, January 27, 2020 4:14 PM