Can not start sql server agent RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have changed my windows password and after that I couldn't connect the the Sql server.

I have tried to restart the Sql server agent but i couldn't because of the below error

My sql is install with windows authentication only.

How can i resolve it

Thursday, July 23, 2020 4:51 PM

Answers

• What is the error message? Check the SQL Server services and see if your windows account is used for the SQL Log on? If yes, you have to update the password. By the way, SQL Server Express does not have the feature of SQL Server Agent.

A Fan of SSIS, SSRS and SSAS

• Marked as answer by Saritask Friday, July 24, 2020 5:44 PM
    Thursday, July 23, 2020 6:48 PM
  • Hi Saritask,

Have you used your Windows account as the service account for running SQL Server service and SQL Server Agent service?

If so, please go to SQL Server Configuration Manager ->SQL Server Services-> double-click the instance name and SQL Server agent for this instance-> go to Log on tab in properties window and change the windows account password.

If not, please share us the error message again because we can’t see the picture of your error message.

Best Regards,

Amelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 24, 2020 1:59 AM

All replies

• What is the error message? Check the SQL Server services and see if your windows account is used for the SQL Log on? If yes, you have to update the password. By the way, SQL Server Express does not have the feature of SQL Server Agent.

A Fan of SSIS, SSRS and SSAS

Thursday, July 23, 2020 6:48 PM
  • Hi Saritask,

Have you used your Windows account as the service account for running SQL Server service and SQL Server Agent service?

If so, please go to SQL Server Configuration Manager ->SQL Server Services-> double-click the instance name and SQL Server agent for this instance-> go to Log on tab in properties window and change the windows account password.

If not, please share us the error message again because we can’t see the picture of your error message.

Best Regards,

Amelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 24, 2020 1:59 AM
  • You posted to SQL Server Express forum, so you may use this edition? SQL Server-Agent isn't a supported feature in Express Edition, see Editions and supported features of SQL Server 2017

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, July 24, 2020 5:55 AM