none
Change name of default field ''Name'' SharePoint Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need to change the default fieldname or default field itself. I thought this was not possible. Tried to change the name in SharePoint designer also. 

Does anybody knows how you can rename this default field ''name''' in a sharepoint library'?

Thanks.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:35 AM

All replies

• Hi, Hoegen,

Per my test, In SharePoint Online you cannot change the title of Name column. As workaround, you can try to use MS flow/workflow to update a new column with the value in name filed. Then edit the view to only show the new column instead of the old name column.

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, November 15, 2019 2:43 AM
  • Hi, Hoegen,

Have you tried the workaround? Do you have any further questions about it? You can mark the reply as answer if you find it helpful.

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, November 22, 2019 2:01 AM