none
SSRS/SharePoint Migration 2010 to 2013 connection issues RRS feed

• Question

• We are currently attempting to move our SharePoint 2010 to 2013 and SSRS Information. The first attempt at this we were unable to get SSRS to show up in Central Admin. We decided to rebuild all servers and re-installed everything.

This time we have SSRS showing up in Central admin and we are able to run some reports from our sites now. In our 2010 environment we are using "Windows authentication (integrated) or Sharepoint user" option with SharePoint Lists. I am unable to get this to work in our 2013 Environment, the stored credentials with windows authentication will work however.

I have read t through many different books, MS Guides, Blogs, Forums, etc but unable to solve this issue.

I have tried editing the rsreportserver.config to match our Production, did not help. (also tried different authentications)

I found an article saying to change the "Forms" Auth in some config files to "Windows" did not help

When I try to go to our \\localserver\reportserver (appserver) I get a blank page with this info:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
    Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 22:30:03 GMT
    Connection: close

I have tried going into Central Admin -> General Application Settings -> Report Server Integration. and fill out this information also but receive this error:

Failed to establish connection with report server. Verify the server URL is correct or review ULS logs for more information. Product area: SQL Server Reporting Services, Category: Configuration Pages

I am not sure if I have missed some step along the way of migrating and setting up this information. Any help or other things to try would be very helpful. 

Thanks!

Friday, November 21, 2014 10:36 PM

Answers

• Hi young99,

According to your description, you get connection issue after migration from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013. Right?

In this scenario, we are not clear how you did the migration. Please follow these steps and check if you miss anything:

1. Restore Reporting Services encryption keys
    2. Backup the SharePoint content databases and detach it.
    3. Backup Reporting Services catalog database.
    4. Copy Reporting Services configuration files.
    5. Restore SharePoint Content databases to the new farm.
    6. Restore the Reporting Servicesencryption keys.
    7. Restore the SQL database that is the Reporting Services catalog database (ReportServer).
    8. Restore Reporting Services configuration files.
    9. Create a new Reporting Services service application.

For more information, please see: Migrate a Reporting Services Installation (SharePoint Mode)

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Simon Hou

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:24 PM