none
FIM 2010 Attribute searched and reference RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

Is it possible, in the "attribute searched" field of a "search scope", to pass a reference attribute? And to make the search scope searching on the DisplayName of this reference?

For example I want to allow my users to be searched with there manager's displayname, without using the advance search (because the HR think advance search is too technical and hard for them, and want to use the basic search....)

I've try to use something like "Manager/DisplayName" but it does not work (and I have the default view that means there is an error I think). If I use just "Manager", the search return nothing.

Regards,

Arnaud.

Monday, March 26, 2012 10:19 AM

All replies

• Up,

I've tested again with "/Manager", and it allows me to search manager providing the guid which is no userfriendly :(

Is there a way to search the DisplayName of the manager of the person in the searchscope person (and search on other attributes of the manager, or of other reference field) ?

• Edited by FArnaud Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:56 AM
    Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:55 AM
  • Hello, 

8 years later, I'm facing the same issue :D :D

Any hints on how to resolve this ? 

Thanks
    Thursday, September 10, 2020 2:05 PM
  • You can add attribute on the user object (with the manager name) and update it using some workflow (whenever reference attribute will be updated). Then you will be able to search in this new attribute, easy enough for HR :-)

Borys Majewski, Identity Management Solutions Architect (Blog: IDArchitect.NET)

Thursday, September 17, 2020 3:43 PM