none
Automatic SSRS Report Deployment to Sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to have some input on SSRS report deployment to Sharepoint 2010. Some background info.
    We have a set of SSRS Reports and multiple Sharepoint 2010 sites. We would like to deploy the reports to
    the Sharepoint sites. We want to deploy the same set of reports to all Sharepoint sites.
    The only diffrence is that we want to configure report parameters diffrently on each Sharepoint site. 
    We want this step also to be an automatic step. We do not want to manually configure each report on each site.
    What is the best way to do this?
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Bit confused exactly what you mean but,

You can get to the same .rdl file from multiple SharePoint sites, by linking to it with a hyperlink with a query string.

This query string can populate your parameters, therefore you could provide a different link on each site to the same report with different parameters. You could then hide the parameters so the user doesnt even know they are selectable.

If this is what you mean i can provide a example of the url.

Regards, Chris
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Friday, July 1, 2011 1:49 AM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Bit confused exactly what you mean but,

You can get to the same .rdl file from multiple SharePoint sites, by linking to it with a hyperlink with a query string.

This query string can populate your parameters, therefore you could provide a different link on each site to the same report with different parameters. You could then hide the parameters so the user doesnt even know they are selectable.

If this is what you mean i can provide a example of the url.

Regards, Chris
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Friday, July 1, 2011 1:49 AM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 9:52 AM
  • What you described is exactly what I want to do. Can you provide me with an example.

Thanks

Pullum

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 4:49 PM