none
O365: Custom Managed Property doesn't appear on Highlighted Content WP RRS feed

• Question

• I have made a custom Managed Property in Search Schema:

I created a New Managed Property and Mapped it to my Column (Crawled Property) in Search Schema. The column is OOB Yes/No. Everything went fine.

But when I edit Highlighted Content Webpart and try to filter with Managed Property, the custom property doesn't appear in the dropdown.

I know that when I choose to the filter Managed Property and type the beginning of the property I have to a second that it will appear in dropdown.

What is strange, is that if I begin to type ows, I get an another column from the very same list under Custom Managed Property header, which is Text Type, and I haven't made a Managed Property of it. 

Friday, October 18, 2019 11:24 AM

All replies

• Hi BreXit,

In SharePoint Online, you should use the refinablestringxx managed properties and map to your indexed fields, use the alias to create a readable name. You need to first have content in the list and the fields you want to index to add them to the managed property. After you've added them, you need to then Reindex the library to force an update of the managed property, it still can take 24 hours to complete though. Searchable means it is part of a text query in search results, filterable is the key here.

Here's a similar situation, you can refer to it:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/248428/unable-to-use-the-new-highlighted-content-modern-web-part-to-show-documents-th

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by KumarMohiT Monday, October 21, 2019 8:22 PM
    Monday, October 21, 2019 7:04 AM
  • agree with itch sun. if managed property is empty then it's not going to appear in the drop down of hcwp. please re-index your list and try again. 

to index the list - go to list settings>advanced list settings>scroll down and click on Reindex list button

wait for at least 30 mins and try again in hcwp. 

K Mohit

Monday, October 21, 2019 8:31 PM
  • Thanks for your answers.

Ok, now I have made my Managed Property from an existing RefinableStringXXX, given alias, Added Items, Reindexed the list.

I'll wait for 24h.

• Edited by BreXit Tuesday, October 22, 2019 6:03 AM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 5:45 AM
  • hi brexit,

use ootb refinable property refinablestring00 or any.

yes refinable checkbox will be greyed out and that is ootb.

simply go to mappings and map your managed property to crawled property. your crawled property will look like ows_internalnameoflistcolumn. click ok and do a list reindex, wait for 30 mins and re add the property.

K Mohit

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 6:02 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking your situation here.

Any progress on your troubleshooting?

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best Regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:12 AM
  • Hi BreXit,

Any progress on your troubleshooting?

Best Regards

Itch Sun

Monday, October 28, 2019 9:35 AM
  • I have done my RefinableString126 with unique alias.

But the problem is: these premade properties are all Text type,
    but my crawled property field is Yes/No Type.

So, in Highlighted Content WP the filter doesn't work and I think it's about the Type difference.

Friday, November 1, 2019 8:04 AM