none
XML Data Source Unable to Authenticate Using Windows Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• When calling an web services via the XML datasource everything works fine until I disable Anonymous Authentication.  Windows Authentication is still enabled but for some reason Reporting Services is connecting to the server as anonymous.  I'm running SQL Server 2008 R2.  Even if I try and run the report from the reporting server logged in as me it still tried to connect to my web server as anonymous.  I tried selecting Use this user name and password option but it says that only Windows Authentication and Don not use credentials are available for this type of data source.

Here it the error:

• An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
      • Query execution failed for dataset 'AgingDataViaWebService'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
        • Failed to execute web request for the specified URL. Unauthorized: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. (rsXmlDataProviderError)
          • For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

An account was successfully logged on.

Subject:

Security ID: NULL SID

Account Name: -

Account Domain: -

Logon ID: 0x0

Logon Type: 3

New Logon:

Security ID: ANONYMOUS LOGON

Account Name: ANONYMOUS LOGON

Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY

Logon ID: 0xec9cba76

Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Process Information:

Process ID: 0x0

Process Name: -

Network Information:

Workstation Name: GSALESOPS3

Source Network Address: 172.22.64.55

Source Port: 54136

Detailed Authentication Information:

Logon Process: NtLmSsp

Authentication Package: NTLM

Transited Services: -

Package Name (NTLM only): NTLM V1

Key Length: 128

This event is generated when a logon session is created. It is generated on the computer that was accessed.

The subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon. This is most commonly a service such as the Server service, or a local process such as Winlogon.exe or Services.exe.

The logon type field indicates the kind of logon that occurred. The most common types are 2 (interactive) and 3 (network).

The New Logon fields indicate the account for whom the new logon was created, i.e. the account that was logged on.

The network fields indicate where a remote logon request originated. Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases.

The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request.

- Logon GUID is a unique identifier that can be used to correlate this event with a KDC event.

- Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request.

- Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols.

- Key length indicates the length of the generated session key. This will be 0 if no session key was requested.

I've tried adding GSALESOPS3$ as a user to the web server but that did not work either.

Monday, November 8, 2010 11:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are the web server and report server in the same domain? If so, did you configure the web server can support window integrated security? Finally, check if the xml datasource credential is set to Use Windows Authentication (integrated security).

thanks,
    Jerry

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 3:03 AM