none
Automatically Redirecting a Report to another Report RRS feed

• Question

• I have a report that currently evaluates the NT User information and determines if that user is the "HR Role" required to see version 1 or version 2 of the report (deployed as two separate reports because Version 1 has more content than Version 2). Right now, it hides the report and shows a link to the correct report, based on the user authentication, but we'd like it to actually redirect the unauthenticated users to the other report rather than force them to show a link. Additionally, we need to be able to send out separate links to each report, so combining them and hiding/showing data within the same report is not the best option.

I would like to have the report automatically redirect the user to Version 2 if their extracted user information doesn't meet the requirements to see the first version. Is it possible to automatically redirect the Version 1 to the Version 2 report, based on the username (which populates a parameter)?

Thank you so much!

Paul

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 1:21 PM

Answers

• I think this can achieved using a "Landing" Report which has 2 SubReports which are shown or hidden based upon the value of a parameter. This parameter could be looked up from a dataset of permissions which is filtered based upon the Builtin Field UserId and if all parameters are internal then the user would be none the wiser.

This would also allow you to send direct links to the sub reports.

HTH!

every day is a school day
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 4:09 PM