none
Transferring geometry data using SSIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

We need to refresh (i.e. re-copy) a table in a database in one instance of sql with a copy of the same table in another instance, using SSIS.

The only issue is that one column is of type GEOMETRY.

I have created the package - and it appears to transfer the value in the GEOMETRY column all ok.

I can see that the data type of the column in the SSIS package is DT_IMAGE.

Will the geometry value be transferred correctly without data loss ?

Thanks

Friday, June 14, 2019 5:37 PM

All replies

• Hi goofygdog2,

1.According to my test, the data type has indeed become DT_IMAGE in SSDT, but if we create a new

table and set the data type of the destination table to be geometry, the data type of the column in

the destination table should be geometry as well. The data won't be missing.

2.Also, in order to avoid different types of data types . If your data are not too much, you can use SQL

to insert geometry data like this : INSERT INTO YOURTABLE VALUES

(geometry::Parse('COMPOUNDCURVE((2 2, 4 2), (4 2, 4 4), (4 4, 2 4), (2 4, 2 2))')); 

Test Data:

The data type in SSIS package:

The data type in destination table:

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, June 17, 2019 7:26 AM