none
Understanding the masterDB -- would be it be able to tell me when user login attempts fail? RRS feed

• Question

• I don't quite understand the masterdb. The documentation online says it will store "user login" but what does that mean? When a user logs in, will it store info such as whether or not it was a successful login? 
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:32 PM

All replies

• I don't quite understand the masterdb. The documentation online says it will store "user login" but what does that mean? When a user logs in, will it store info such as whether or not it was a successful login? 

Yes master database stores login information. The login you have created for users to use. This login is used by users to connect to database server. The information whether login failed or succeeded is stored in errorlog which is located on disk. By default this information is there in errorlog unless disabled.

You also have default trace and logon trigger to store information in more detailed way.

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 5:46 PM