none
SharePoint 2010 Workflow issues with multiple IF approval statements RRS feed

• Question

• I have an SPD 2010 workflow that users multiple IF statements for approval process (as shown below). However, only the first IF statement gets executed. Is there something I am doing wrong? I don't want to shift to SPD 2013 workflow for this if possible.

Monday, September 30, 2019 3:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Your workflow looks fine. In your workflow, only one IF statement can be executed by logic.

Do you want to execute other IF statements after the first IF statement gets executed? Did you change the "value" column in the update item action?

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, September 30, 2019 7:40 AM
  • Hi Michael

Thank you for your response. I want to be able to execute any of the IF statements based on their conditions. When I tried to change the Value to 400,000 it doesn't execute the 2nd IF statement. It just completes without any error and I didn't receive any approval task emails. When I lowered the Value to less than 250,000, it was able to execute the approval process for the first IF statement. 

The Update Item action is just a test and I forgot to remove it as I was focusing on the other IF statements.

Monday, September 30, 2019 8:31 AM
  • Hi,

Per my test, your workflow works fine on my end.

To debug this issue, please add "log to history list" action to under each IF statement to check whether the  IF statement is executed.

Besides, try to change your workflow to this . Check whether it works:

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, September 30, 2019 8:49 AM