none
Recieving Stopped-server errors in FIM 2010 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I randomly get stopped-server error during my export to FIM Services MA.  When I look at event viewer i receive:

System.InvalidOperationException: The export session has timed out waiting for responses.  

That amount of time can be configured using the exportActivityTimeoutInSeconds attribute of the resourceSynchronizationClient element within the Forefront Identity Management Synchronization Service application configuration file.  The default duration is 600 seconds.  If the volume of requests is very high, then using that attribute to increase the duration would be advisable. 

However, one should investigate why no responses to export requests have been received within the default amount of time.  Requests created on behalf of the Forefront Identity Manager Synchronization Service should be investigated to determine whether they are taking an unexpectedly long time to process. 

What would be causing this?   If i run the export again, its okay. Is it because the FIM service database was locked because of a SQL maintenance job? or is there a permission issue?  I'm at a lost.

Just in case, we recently migrated our FIM SQL databases to a new server. Is there some configuration I  may have missed to cause this? 

Thank you in advance.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 6:32 PM

All replies

• Run Full Import on the FIM MA. It appears there is a connectivity issue between SQL and FIM Service.

Srinwantu Ghosh

Monday, September 21, 2020 1:07 PM