AdventureWorks2016.mdf RRS feed

• Question

• Where's AdventureWorks2016.mdf or AdventureWorks2016_ext.mdf?  (The sample's repository only has .bak files.  I'm asking instead of randomly searching because the file found by search turned out to be an improper bacpac.  Thanks.)
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:29 AM

Answers

• The sample's repository only has .bak files
    A .bak file is a SQL Server backup file and you can restore it on your SQL Server to get the AdventureWorks database.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

• Marked as answer by rootsmusic Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:18 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:51 AM

All replies

• Please go through official download link to get AdventureWorks2016 database.

Link - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49502

Hope this is helpful

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 4:46 AM
  • I know I have had many problems installing the sample databases. I finally got it to work. The only bookmark I have is Release AdventureWorks sample databases · microsoft/sql-server-samples so I assume that is what worked for me but I do not remember details.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:22 AM
  • The sample's repository only has .bak files
    A .bak file is a SQL Server backup file and you can restore it on your SQL Server to get the AdventureWorks database.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

• Marked as answer by rootsmusic Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:18 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:51 AM