embed a report in a website RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a basic report and I want it to be displaye on the internet on a website. I am very new to BI SSRS so please can so someone explain in simple terms how I might do this. Any help will go a real long way thanks

I AM USING SSRS 2008

Greg

Sunday, April 25, 2010 9:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

What is your purpose? Using Report Viewer in web application is a good choice for your requirement, what's the problem now? You need display the reports as HTML?

If so, I think you would like to export the reports to other formats and display them through HTML.

Thanks.

Yao Jie Tang -Microsoft Online Community
    • Marked as answer by Tony Tang_YJ Thursday, May 6, 2010 2:54 AM
    Monday, April 26, 2010 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hello Greg,

If it's a web site you created with ASP.NET you can use the MS WebForms ReportViewer control to show reports from your server.

Olaf Helper ----------- * cogito ergo sum * errare humanum est * quote erat demonstrandum * Wenn ich denke, ist das ein Fehler und das beweise ich täglich http://olafhelper.over-blog.de
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 11:09 AM
  • No this is your average standard website that you find on the net, it has not been createdin ASP.NET It is a HTML standard site.

Sunday, April 25, 2010 10:28 PM
  • Hi,

What is your purpose? Using Report Viewer in web application is a good choice for your requirement, what's the problem now? You need display the reports as HTML?

If so, I think you would like to export the reports to other formats and display them through HTML.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Tony Tang_YJ Thursday, May 6, 2010 2:54 AM
    Monday, April 26, 2010 9:19 AM
  • Yao thanks for the message a link to the MS WebForms ReportViewer control to show reports from your server. However that does not explain how I do it. Try and imagine that you have never done this before. I need to get some step by step instructions on how to perform this task.

A lot of the articals on the MS websites tell you what the words means but don't explain how to carry the task out. I need help on how to create it.

Do you have any documentation or links I can use.

Greg

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:15 AM
  • Hi Greg,

Here are some samples and walkthroughs which may help you.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms251686(VS.80).aspx

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:46 AM