none
Continue after open Word document RRS feed

• Question

• I open a Word document in C# in a SharePoint web part as the following:

I

After I close the Word Document, I have to hit "F5" to refresh the form, then I can save or exit the document. I want to avoid to manually hit "F5", the I added the under "Red" line command. However, when it is activated, the Word document is not pup-up? I need help on how to automatically refresh the form after I close the Word document (continue on the C# code). Thanks.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 8:47 PM

Answers

• Hi, 

We can’t trigger a callback to the page when close document as the request had been end according to my knowledge.

I would suggest you configure office web app for your server so user could edit document online and save.

Configure Office Web Apps for SharePoint 2013

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/webappsserver/configure-office-web-apps-for-sharepoint-2013

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by eg10013 Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:04 PM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:17 AM

All replies