none
Unable to create if statement including multiple conditions. RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

In my list I have 4 scroll-down menu (1,2,3,4) with option A,B,C,D.

I want to create a condition such as
    If (ScrollDownMenu1 = A or ScrollDownMenu1 =B,
    and ScrollDownMenu2 = A or ScrollDownMenu2 = B,
    and ScrollDownMenu3 = A or ScrollDownMenu3 = B,
    and ScrollDownMenu4 = A or ScrollDownMenu4 = B)

Then email .....

Using Sharepoint designer 2013 I cannot make this one long condition, I would need to make all 16 possible conditions:

A,A,A,A
    B,B,B,B
    A,A,A,B
    A,A,B,A
    A,B,A,A
    B,A,A,A
    A,A,B,B
    A,B,A,B
    A,B,B,A
    B,A,B,A
    B,B,A,A
    B,A,A,B
    B,B,B,A
    B,B,A,B
    B,A,B,B
    A,B,B,B

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 9:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Omer001,

By design, multiple conditions cannot be included in one if statement.

It cannot use multiple level nested if else condition in a single branch.

Thank you for your understanding.

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by Omer001 Thursday, July 18, 2019 5:01 PM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Omer001,

How do you set up workflow? In my environment, there's no error information.

You can share some screenshot information.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:51 AM
  • I am able to do it that way, it just seem so inefficient to write 16 statements when in basic programming a single statement would do.

Thanks for the info :)
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:58 PM
  • Hi Omer001,

By design, multiple conditions cannot be included in one if statement.

It cannot use multiple level nested if else condition in a single branch.

Thank you for your understanding.

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best regards

Itch Sun

• Marked as answer by Omer001 Thursday, July 18, 2019 5:01 PM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:30 AM