none
MDX Measure - Count based on date RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to develop a measure to count the number of times something happens daily. This is the condition:

IIF([Measures].[Sstk Qty] > 0

AND[Measures].[A+C Quantity] <= 0 ,1, NULL)

So I want to be able to figure out how many times this happens per month, or week, or quarter, or whatever date slicer I use. Right now this only produces 1 or Null for any given data level. So if this condition was true 9 times in the month of Novemeber and I had month in my query, I would see 9 as the answer. Currently I see 1.

Thanks,

Mike

Monday, November 18, 2019 10:49 PM

Answers

• I ended up using the above calculation and called it X. Then I used this to get the desired outcome

Sum
        (
          Descendants
          (
            [Date].[Fiscal Hier].CurrentMember,
           ,Leaves
          )
         ,([Measures].[X])
        )

• Marked as answer by Mike Alb Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:36 AM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:36 AM

All replies

• I ended up using the above calculation and called it X. Then I used this to get the desired outcome

Sum
        (
          Descendants
          (
            [Date].[Fiscal Hier].CurrentMember,
           ,Leaves
          )
         ,([Measures].[X])
        )

• Marked as answer by Mike Alb Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:36 AM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:36 AM
  • Is this condition something that needs to be checked on a row by row basis? If so the best approach is to implement this logic in an expression in a SQL view or as a calculated column in your DSV. Then you can simply create a standard sum based measure over this new column.

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:52 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Darren. The measures are coming from different fact tables so this wouldn't be an option.
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:33 AM